x

New Terminal not loading after login

I am just setting up my new square terminal and I can't get past the "Loading Square Terminal" page. loading never gets to 1% then I get a black screen with the square logo. the whole thing keeps flashing like that. I have reset the terminal but no progress.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Hey @rationalE,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble using Terminal.

As a starting point, what country are you using Terminal from?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

Using the terminal from Ghana

Message 3 of 8
Square Community Moderator

@rationalE I'm stepping in for Sheamus here! That may be causing the issue as our hardware does not work in Ghana. You will not be able to use it to charge credit cards.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Message 4 of 8

How come it doesn't work in Ghana? We are billing to a UK account anyway does that make any difference?

Message 5 of 8
Square Community Moderator

It doesn't. Square does not accept international payments, so you will need to be located within the United Kingdom (if that's where your account was activated) to accept credit card payments.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Message 6 of 8

Hello,

Getting back to RATIONALE's original question from 2020, I have been using a portable wifi Square Terminal for the last few months without an issue but now it's doing the same thing.

It starts up and doesn't get past the white screen with "Loading Square Terminal" and remains at 0%.

I'm in Victoria, Australia, so there shouldn'y be any issue.

I checked the wifi settings, they are correct.  Wifi is working on other devices.

I don't know if it's a wifi issue on the terminal or a software issue.

Any help will be appreciated.

Message 7 of 8

I seem to have got it working.  It was a problem with my portable wifi system.  Once I connected it to another wifi signal it updated as usual and loaded the terminal.

It's somthing to note for other's who have this problem.

Message 8 of 8