x

How i remove the 'On sale" tag

Please can anyone tell me, How i remove the 'On sale" tag on my items? they are not actually on sale -thanks

Message 1 of 38
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi everyone, thank you for bearing with us while our team works on this issue! I know it has taken longer than expected so I really appreciated your patience.

From the latest update, a new fix has been rolled out. The "On Sale" badge should not display on items without a sale price. 

if you have turn off the sale banner indicator, please try toggling them on and republish your site. 

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 36 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Hi tranguyen, I finished setting up my items last night (after the site wide fix) and all of my items (except one) is showing the 'On Sale' tag. The sale price is $0. Can you please check my website also?

https://mysisterandme.com.au.square.site/ (my site isn't published yet).

Message 22 of 38
Admin

Thanks for flagging this @Annette5! I've shared it with the team as well. They are currently looking into this further as it seems the fix we were rolling out did not fully resolve the issue yet. 

I'll keep you up to date on this thread! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the meantime. 

Tra
Message 23 of 38

I am not sure if anything was done, but I have been checking my store everyday, and today the "On Sale" tag is no longer on the item in question. Was anyone else's fixed?

Message 24 of 38

I am having an issue with the "Sale" banner. The "Best Answer" I've seen  on the topic is far from the best answer, it does not address the real issue.  I set a sale price for item "A", the sale banner shows on that item. I then remove the sale price from item "A" and add a sale price to item "B",  The banner now shows on both Item "A" (at regular price) and item "B" (at the sale price}. Turning off the banner in Item Preferences turns off the banner on ALL items, those no longer on sale as well as those still on sale, So, the Best Answer to the issue can not be to simply turn off the banner.

Brian L Wrona
Message 25 of 38
Beta Member

Hi @tranguyen 

All sorted on my website! 

Thanks again,

Ash 

Message 26 of 38

Hi,

I have the same issue as well!

Some of my items have regular price, but the "on sale" tag is still on the image. 

Can you please have a look at my website:

https://www.teambubbletea.com/

Thanks in advance!

nema diaz
Message 27 of 38

@tranguyen UPDATE for Cassidy Hill Vineyard.  

https://chv-onlineshop.square.site/

After the first item finally no longer had the red On Sale banner, we then started our next sale.  Upon completion of our second sale on 2017 Heritage, I removed the sale price.  The original price is now visible and not crossed out, but the On Sale banner is still on the picture despite there being no sale price.  Same issue as before.

Thank you

Message 28 of 38
Admin

So sorry that this is happening again @CassidyHill! It looks like the manual fix we rolled out didn't fully resolve the issue. I've let our team knows so they can investigate further and will follow up once I can be sure the issue is has been fix completely.

Tra
Message 29 of 38

I am also experiencing this problem.  I put different items or categories on sale at different times, so keeping the "item status" sale indicator on is necessary to do so.  However, even after removing sale prices in those items/categories, AND republishing the site, those items that once were on sale still show up with the red SALE caption on the images.  Regular price shows (with no strikethrough and sale price), but the red caption would give the customer the idea that they're getting a sale price.  Hopeful we can find a fix.  Thanks.

My site:  https://debbiemasonartist.square.site

Item example:  https://debbiemasonartist.square.site/shop/original-artwork/17

Message 30 of 38
Alumni

So sorry about this. Our Engineering Team is aware and hard at work on a fix. We'll keep in touch. @SerenityStudio

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 31 of 38

Hi @tranguyen , I’m having a similar issue to everyone else. Please can you look at my website? ☺️

vendr-delivery.square.site 

Thank you 🙂

Message 32 of 38

I am having the issue, it is the web builder that is built in with Square. I removed the sale price and the sale icon won't remove itself.

Message 33 of 38
Beta Member

I had this issue a couple of weeks ago as well, but it eventually went away. Seems like that particular field takes longer to sync for some reason.

Message 34 of 38

I'm also having the same problem with the red sale tag showing after I've removed the sale price! 

My link is https://www.lck-creative.com/

Message 35 of 38
Admin

Best Answer

Hi everyone, thank you for bearing with us while our team works on this issue! I know it has taken longer than expected so I really appreciated your patience.

From the latest update, a new fix has been rolled out. The "On Sale" badge should not display on items without a sale price. 

if you have turn off the sale banner indicator, please try toggling them on and republish your site. 

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you!

Tra
Message 36 of 38

I also have the On Sale tag showing up after removing the sale price.

www.olivethelittlethings.shop the Basil EVOO is showing the On Sale badge, but is no longer on sale.

Message 37 of 38
Admin

Sorry to hear you're still running into this @OTLT! I had a quick look at the website but I couldn't see the "On Sale" tag on the Basil EVOO item. Before I check in with our engineering team about this, can you let me know if you've turn off the sale price banner indicator? I want to make sure I have all the information with me. 

Tra
Message 38 of 38