x

How to remove GST on shipping?

Hi All, I have made my first sale YAY!...I do need some help to make sure that I am doing things correctly.  I have not registered for GST yet as I dont anticipate my sales being over $75K (well not in the first year) LOL... I have not assigned GST to my items but when an order was placed there is GST shown for the shipping.  Since I havent registered for GST I shouldnt have GST shown.  I have checked on Square and none of the items have tax, but not sure where it is pulling the GST from shipping on.  I went to the App and checked taxes there and it was enabled, so I toggled that off.  It doesnt appear on the 'Online' part of Square (weebly) that it has anywhere to change taxes.  I read that Square and online dont speak to each other, so I dont know whether there is something on Online dashboard to check or not.  Also is there a way to change the order form so as the GST on shipping doesnt show?  

from Robyn (confused in Hobart :)).

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @RobbieB,

Thanks for reaching out!

If you go to your tax settings on Square Dashboard is GTS turned off at a system level (in addition to the items it's turned off for)?

If this has been turned off already this sounds like a bug. If your ABN is not registered for GST, or if you're a hobby sole trader with no ABN, then as far as I know you should not see GST listed against products. It may be worth getting in touch with our support team, who will be better placed to look into your account and see how things are appearing on your account on specific transactions.

You call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time) or email via this form !

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2