x

I am new to Square. I am trying to setup inventory. I have an .xlsx file

I have exported my inventory to an xlsx file. Beyond that I have no idea what Square is asking me for? I get errors like "Import file contains duplicate column headers (40). Make sure all column headers are unique"  I have basic column headers  for my data. I have deleted any unnecessary data. Not sure what I'm supposed to do?

Thank you

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hi @JAG_Jindy,

Are you using your own xlsx file? It may be that your column headers don't match the headers Square is looking for. You may need to move your data from your file over to Square's template.

If you don't currently have any items in Square, go into your Square Dashboard > Items and up in the top right corner click 'Actions' and select 'Import Library'. 

If you already have some items setup in Square, go to your Dashboard > Items and in the 'Actions' dropdown in the top right corner, select 'Export Library'.

Both of these options should give you an option to download Square's Excel (csv / xlsx) template which will have the correct headers it needs.

Then you can copy your data over into their template, and try re-uploading again.

I'd also suggest you read this guide which steps you through the process: Import Items Online | Square Support Centre - AU (squareup.com)

Hope that helps!

Proud Australian Square Super Seller and users of Square AppointmentsSquare POSSquare OnlineSquare ReaderSquare Stand

We use Square with integrations for Xero by AmakaPrintful / We have used Squarespace • Shopify • WooCommerce • QuickBooks and more!

Dieter Slicke is a boutique barber shop by appointment only with our own range of Australian made hair and skin care products
Message 2 of 2