x

My square doesn't respond.

I am trying to connect a Samsung S8 to square. I have entered all company and personal details in the system and followed the process. The square shows 4 green lights when I press the WakeUp button on the square. But when I try to pair the square there is no response from the square. No lights show whatsoever.

Am I doing something wrong?

Please help

Bee 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @Bryony,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble getting your reader connected. Can you try:

1) Hold down the button until the lights completely STOP flashing red. This performs a hard reset on the reader.

2) Once you've reset the reader, try connecting the reader again (via the Square POS app and NOT your device Bluetooth settings) then running a $1 test transaction on your own card as per the instructions here.

If you're still having trouble, please give our support team a call on 1800 760 137 - they'll be better placed to take a look into your operating environment and see if there may be other issues preventing you from connecting a reader!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hey Sheamus,

I am happy to report that there is nothing wrong with the square. For some reason, my rather creative brain had decided that the button you are referring to was the centre of the square (yes - know that it is NOT now!). The finger and wifi markings were indicating to me that this is where I should press. Not surprisingly the square lay non-responsive while my brain worked overtime trying to work out what was going wrong. It was your video with visual and written steps to pair, which set me right, but not after my wasting half my weekend on the task!

So rather than return a 'faulty' device - are you in the market for an energetic, creative but rather faulty brain?

Sorry to bother you and waste your time also!

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Glad you got it working in the end @Bryony, happy to have been able to help ๐Ÿ™‚

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4