x
Beta Member

Setup for a Pub

Hello 

I need some help

I have just purchased 3 Square stands(iPads) each with mPOP cash drawer and receipt printer and two iPad mini handhelds with square readers. We also have two iPads to use as KDS.

I have two bars in the pub and I want to put 2 stands in main bar and 1 stand in the other bar. The main bar we have open all the time and we open the other only during busy periods. Is it possible to send  drinks orders from the stand in other bar to the main bar to be prepared or do I need a separate printer in the main bar?

Would I also need a separate printer for my two handhelds when I send a drinks order or can this pop up on one for the stands?

Also I wanted to use the KDS but as I have just found out it currently does support the Courses and so I am I right in thinking the the courses will print correctly with a kitchen printer.

Many Thanks

Kind regards

Fishermans Return

Message 1 of 6
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

If you can, return the mPop draws, as Tra said as Bluetooth ones they’ll only talk to one device. 

Ideally you could do with a Ethernet printer (eBay is your friend here!) at each prep point. It’s super easy to use categories to direct orders to the right place from any of the devices you’ve got. 

Pizza Is Chill

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @TheFishReturn, thanks for your post and all the details!

All orders taken on various devices will be accessible on the main stand, as long as they are saved as Open Tickets. If you'd like orders from all other devices to be printed out automatically at the main bar, then it'll be best to get an ethernet printer (as Bluetooth can't support multi device connection at this time), connect all devices to this printer and setup your printer stations so all orders are send here

The courses will print correctly with a kitchen printer, and you can choose to hold or send items as needed. 

I hope this will help!

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 6
Super Seller

Best Answer

If you can, return the mPop draws, as Tra said as Bluetooth ones they’ll only talk to one device. 

Ideally you could do with a Ethernet printer (eBay is your friend here!) at each prep point. It’s super easy to use categories to direct orders to the right place from any of the devices you’ve got. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

Thanks for all your help, yesterday was our first day using Square and the new hardware. Everything went great and the staff love using it.

Cheers Matt

Message 4 of 6

Hi, We have square POS cash drawer and one printer for use in social club bar. We also serve food at weekends and would like to send the food order to the kitchen, which is upstairs. Can I just connect the second printer in the kitchen via the usb hub? 

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hi @bobby8289, welcome to the Seller Community 👋 

Do you mean the Hub for Square Terminal? If so, this would only let you connect the Square Terminal to your printer/cash drawer. 

Can you let me know what brand/model your cash drawer and printer are? Are they connected by USB / WiFi / other? 

And which of our devices do you use to record payments currently? All of this will help us figure out the best setup here, thanks! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 6 of 6