x

iPad doesn’t recognise square stand.

Hi guys just purchased square stand 10 days ago and I’m using it with ipad(5th generation)which doesn’t recognise anything. I am able to accept payments but problem is cash drawer and printer are not working. Also iPad says “not charging” while plugged in. I called square call center 2 days ago then I was told that my square stand needs to replaced with new one anyway which I did today. Got the new square stand. But I’m still having same problem. Should I just get a new iPad ? Or anyone knows ? Thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hi @Rumchoo,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Stand.

If you've gone to the length of actually replacing the Stand, and are seeing the same issues, it sounds like the issue will be with:

- The iPad itself

- How you're setting the stand up - eg making sure all the cable connections are plugged in fully and securely

- The power outlet that the Stand is being plugged into

To try and isolate the issue, you may need to test with a different iPad (if possible) or in a different operating environment. Is there anything unique about your setup at all? Have oyu got the Stand plugged into 240v mains power?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Hi there, thank you for your help but still got nowhere. Anyway I ordered new ipad and that will be coming on by this Monday. So hopefully that will help. I’ll let you guys know if anything changes:)

Message 3 of 5

Thank you seamus. I got my new ipad today. And everything works perfectly. Problem was my old ipad. Everything solved. Happy customers happy business:))

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Thanks for letting me know @Rumchoo - glad you got things working properly again!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5