x

How do I add a "card on file" feature for a deposit? Only charged for lost or damaged rentals.

For my business, we will be renting equipment temporarily for use overnight. We want to charge for the food/ beverage packages immediately BUT keep cc on file for an additional deposit that would only be charged in the case of lost or damaged equipment...is that possible?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hello @kylela5

My best suggestion is to create an invoice for your rental items in addition to saving your customer card information should you need to go back and charge them for any damage. I understand that this can be hard as your customer will receive an email when you create the invoice but you can add a note with a disclaimer to make them aware that the invoice will be canceled after they return your equipment. I would also speak to our Square for Retail for more options, they may offer something a little more similar to what your looking for.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 2