x

How do I add an additional sales tax brackets?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: sales tax brackets]

Hello! I have a question about Sales tax brackets. How do I add an additional sales tax brackets? So my state's tax rate is 6% general sales tax rate Plus 0.5% Sales surtax rate. If I will create Sales tax at a 6.5% rate (POS system), and then how do I suppose to pay tax and separated from surtax or I need to do that when I will file a sales tax return?? I hope you will understand my question. Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @favwaffle-

I apologize, but I'm not 100% on your question. Are you referring to adding a surcharge as a tax, in addition to your sales tax?

Let me know, as I want to look into this for you. 

Message 2 of 4

I got a message from the Department of Revenue and they mentioned: "Additional Sales tax Brackets can be found on our website at floridarevenue.com/taxes/rates." 

6.5% (Combined 6% General Sales tax rate plus 0.5% Discretionary sales surtax rate) 

So on Square app should I just add tax 6.5%? 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @favwaffle-

Thanks for your reply.

I want to make sure we get this right. I would reach out to a tax professional regarding this issue. Let me know if you have any additional general questions. 

Message 4 of 4