x
Beta Member

I need the customers email for certain products when selling inperson. Notes field won't work for us

There are certain products we email to the customer after they make a purchase from us in-person. We absolutely need the customers email address in order to fulfill the order and so I'd like to add an email address field (that is required) for certain products.

We've been using the Notes field. However, this isn't perfect because our staff can forget to add the email to it (Notes field is not required to complete the checkout process), and even when they do remember, sometimes the field autocorrects the email address into a sentence - making it an invalid email address which causes issues and frustration during checkout. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @BBAMF and welcome to the Seller Community

At this time the only way to capture a Customers email would be by enabling Customer Management. However, this will still require that whoever is checking out the customer fills in the Customer information during or after the sale. 

This function can be activated by visiting More > Settings > Checkout > Customer Management. Once there you will be able to tweak how Customer Information is collected. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2