x

Import file contains a column header mapping to a modifier named ‘’, which cannot be found.

Hello,

I will soon be changing names of my business. I was told that you cannot change your business information, UBI, Tax Id number. I need to start another account. So I download my menu and it seems to have an issue with every modifier that I have. "Column header mapping cannot be found"

I have read a bunch of threads that seem similar but those issues do not relate.

Any thoughts?

I am saving to CSV file.

I'd hate to have to rebuild my menu.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Welcome to Seller Community and thanks for posting about your CSV issue, @skydelipizza.

Can you check the tips in this post regarding CSV import troubleshooting, and if that doesn't help then let our support team know so they can take a look?

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 7

same issues

Downloaded the CSV file from another Square account, and try to upload it using the import library. 

same error message: "Import file contains a column header mapping to a modifier named ‘XXXXXXX’, which cannot be found.

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

@newmfrealm ;

After Downloading from your new Business Name to get the Headers, Delete the Columns for Token and Reference Handle.  Those two columns are for items in your Account already.  So if they are Blank then Square thinks these are NEW items, if you had data in those columns Square may think they belong to your Original account.  So this error could be say that the Modifier with Token XYZ cannot be found to Modify that Item.

*** when deleting the Columns keep the Headers  ****  sorry I forgot that part originally

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 7

What is column "Reference Handle"? I deleted "Token" Columns, but which one is reference handle? 

Message 5 of 7
Super Seller

@newmfrealm;

When you export your Items Catalog are you exporting as CSV or Excel (recommed)?

When you export as CSV "Reference Handle" does not appear for some reason.

see:

TokenItem NameVariation NameUnit and PrecisionSKUDescriptionCategoryGTINWeight (lb)PriceSellableStockableOption Name 1Option Value 1Default Unit CostDefault Vendor NameDefault Vendor CodeCurrent Quantity New Quantity Stock Alert EnabledStock Alert Count Tax - Pa Sales Tax (6%)

But when you export it as Excel you have it next to the Token column, and with Excel you also have 3 sheets not just one.  :

Reference HandleTokenItem NameVariation NameUnit and PrecisionSKUDescriptionCategoryGTINWeight (lb)PriceSellableStockableOption Name 1Option Value 1Default Unit CostDefault Vendor NameDefault Vendor CodeCurrent Quantity New Quantity Stock Alert Enabled Stock Alert Count Tax - Pa Sales Tax (6%)

So if you downloaded the CSV you would only need to leave the Token column empty for New Items.   I do not understand why this is this way from Square but it is.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 6 of 7

Thanks!

Message 7 of 7