x

Tip option not showing

I’ve gone in my back office twice and adjusted the tipping and it’s still not showing up when people check out. The only thing showing up when people check out is how they want to receive their receipt. I messaged in the customer service chat and they said someone from appts would email me back but I never heard from them. Idk what to do. I really want to be able to receive tips especially because square takes a portion of my already low prices 😭 please help 🙏🏻

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi @ontheglow.  You don’t say which POS you are using (Square POS, Restaurants POS, Retail POS or Appointments POS.  I’m basing my answer on the regular Square POS.  You can tell me if you are using something else.

Each Square POS has its own toggle to enable/disable tipping.  From your POS go to More > Checkout > Tipping and toggle “Collect Tips” on.  Be sure the other settings are as you want them.

That should start prompting for tips on that POS.  If you have more than one, then you’ll need to do this on all of them.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi @ontheglow.  You don’t say which POS you are using (Square POS, Restaurants POS, Retail POS or Appointments POS.  I’m basing my answer on the regular Square POS.  You can tell me if you are using something else.

Each Square POS has its own toggle to enable/disable tipping.  From your POS go to More > Checkout > Tipping and toggle “Collect Tips” on.  Be sure the other settings are as you want them.

That should start prompting for tips on that POS.  If you have more than one, then you’ll need to do this on all of them.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 6

You just saved me!! I’ve been using Square POS app. But I just realized when logging in from my computer I’ve been setting the tipping from my appointments POS 🤦🏻‍♀️ Thank you so much!

Message 3 of 6

I did as was suggested to go to  more, checkout, there is no toggle for tips...I had it on my account until a couple months ago...HELP!

Message 4 of 6
Super Seller

@CecilMoore If it was there for you and disappeared, it’s probably something that the engineers need to look into. You’ll need to call Square Support during their normal hours. i wish I could help more but don’t know where to go next. 

good luck!

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

Hey @ontheglow!

I found this step-by-step guide on how to enable tips in appointments! Can you follow the steps and let me know if anything changes?

If this helps please mark it as best answer to better assist others in the future.

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 6 of 6