x

how to integrate square terminal with customised point of sale solution

Hi, I want to integrate Square Terminal with customised POS system. Is there any documentation available for the same? I have already integrated Reader SDK in my project.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @ragib! Welcome to the Community.

At this time- the Square Terminal can only run Point of Sale and not any other apps. 

Our hardware is only compatible with our app at this time. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

Hi ashc,

Thanks for the reply, I think you did not get my question. I want to communicate my POS System with Square Terminal, as in If I do any transaction on my POS system, it should reflect in the square terminal and all the payment should happen from the terminal. Is it possible?

Message 3 of 6

Hi there, @ragib - I can step in for Ashley here. Thanks for clarifying that.

Would you mind also clarifying what POS system you are already using? As Ashley mentioned in her post, the Terminal is designed to be its own stand-alone payment processing option. Most integrations will not be possible with the Terminal. 

Joe
Message 4 of 6

Hi Joe,

I have developed POS application using swift language on iPAD. I have used Reader's SDK in that to connect with Square.

Message 5 of 6

Hey there, @ragib -

I am stepping in for Joe. Thank you for the details!

This type of separate POS application wouldn't be able to integrate with our Square Terminal. It's not designed to run with any other applications, currently. 

What you're asking for would fall under a Feature Request for our Product Team. I would be more than happy to tag your post as such, so it gets to them.  

Kassi
Message 6 of 6