Our Gift Cards team has been listening to your feedback and I’m really excited to announce our newest update to Square. If you are currently using Square Gift Cards and are running the most up to date version of the Square Point of Sale app on your iOS device, you will now have the option to refund your customer’s purchase right onto your business’s Gift Cards!
To issue a refund on to your Square Gift Card:
- From your in-app navigation bar, hit Transactions.
- Search the receipt number or full credit card number to find the transaction.
- Tap the transaction to refund > Issue Refund.
- Select item(s) to refund > tap Refund.
- Tap Add Gift Card or Swipe then swipe or enter the gift card number.
- Tap Refund.
To load the Gift Card, you will need to have either the physical gift card to swipe or have the 16 digit number from the back of the card to enter. Your refund will display in the under the gift card section in Total Collected section of the Sales Summary report on your Square Dashboard.
The whole amount of refund will be transferred to the Gift Card and no fees will be removed from the total.
Please keep in mind that this feature is currently only available on iOS devices, but we're working towards bringing this feature to Android too in the future!
If you have any questions please let me know! 😀