x
Admin

[New] Connected Terminal on Square for Restaurants

Hi sellers 👋

Today we launched support for Connected Terminal on Square for Restaurants! With this feature, you can use a Terminal as a customer-facing display connected to your iPad POS and make it easier for your customers to pay so you never miss a sale.

Wirelessly connect Square Terminal with your Square for Restaurants POS app on an iPad—this is most useful for bars and restaurants with a till that is out of reach of customers. Connected Terminal will allow you to place the order in the till behind the counter or bar and bring the handheld Terminal to the customer to process the payment. With Connected Terminal, you can view and pay for existing orders, but you cannot take new orders. 

Connected Terminal helps you give your customers more visibility when using an iPad POS by showing them the items included in the order and being able to print the receipt.

We hope this helps you provide an exceptional experience to your customers.

Screenshot 2023-06-12 at 10.29.16 AM.png

FAQ

How do I connect my Terminal to my iPad POS?

You can connect your Terminal to your iPad by navigating on the iPad to Settings -> Hardware -> Connect Terminal and using the provided device code to log into your Terminal. You can learn more about connecting here

What are the differences between Connected Terminal and Square for Restaurants Mobile POS?

With Connected Terminal you can view and pay for existing orders, but you cannot take new orders. 

Square for Restaurants Mobile POS allows you to use table maps, take orders, process payments and print receipts, all on your handheld Terminal. Learn more about Square for Restaurants Mobile POS here.

What is Connected Terminal most useful for?

Connected Terminal is most useful for bars and restaurants with a till that is out of reach of customers. Connected Terminal will allow you to place the order in the till behind the counter or bar and bring the handheld Terminal to the customer to process the payment.

How much does Connected Terminal cost?

You can purchase a Terminal in the Square Shop

If you already have a Terminal, Connected Terminal is free to use and includes the standard processing rates on Square for Restaurants which you can learn more about here.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Exciting, I (and my staff) have been eagerly awaiting this.

Bruce Wilson
Owner | Vigneron | Distiller
Message 2 of 2