x
Admin

If you had to pick one feature you feel Square's platform is missing, what would it be? ๐Ÿช„

Hi Seller Community. We here at Square are wondering...

If you had to pick one feature you feel Square's platform is missing, what would it be?

GlitteringGlitteringKentrosaurus-size_restricted.gif

We look forward to reading your replies! ๐Ÿ‘€ 

Message 1 of 380
2 Best Answers
Beta Member

Best Answer

I would like to see a price override option.  This option will allow you to change the price of any item temporally "for this sale only" on the fly like at the POS counter on the register.  

IE. Customer comes to your location, selects an item they wish to buy and requests a lower price due to damage to item or other reasons...  (would need manager approval) you would touch the price of the item and change it. then a box would popup for reasons IE  Damage,late delivery, price was advertised at a lower price, price match at other stores etc... or Other "type in reason."

I dont think this is much to ask and would benefit everyone using the system

View Best Answer >

Message 236 of 380
Beta Member

Best Answer

Custom client profiles. Where we can put in notes about the client that shows up when we click their name and not just in a certain appointment.

Regina Knox

View Best Answer >

Message 359 of 380
379 REPLIES 379
Beta Member

I would love to see a way to sort in the reports section by the headers at the top. For example, When I am looking at item sales, I would rather be able to sort based off of Items Sold, or Gross Sales. The way it is currently I have to scroll through the list alphabetically to see everything.  This is a waist of time when you have a thousand items.

I would also like to see item sales by server.  This would allow me to run competitions for the servers to see who sold the most of a particular item. 

Message 337 of 380
Super Seller Alumni

I would love to be able to download Square Card Spend as a PDF. The CSV version requires too much editing to print only what you need, and it is congested on the page. Being able to print them in PDF format would sure help a lot of us out by making them easier to read in printed form. We use this as a checklist for our monthly expenditures vs our receipts, and the current download version makes that challenging.

Message 338 of 380
Square Champion

@blackberryhouse The CSV can be saved as a JPEG. That makes printing a lot clearer. And there is a website called Convertio that can turn your JPEG into a PDF

Renรฉ

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 339 of 380
Super Seller Alumni

Thank you for that info. I'll check it out!

Message 340 of 380
Beta Member

Since we are a group of clinicians with independent practices, it would be great if we could have 1 square account where our clients pay as they check out, but we can choose an individual clinician and apply that payment to their individual account.

We love square but our receptionist doesn't since she has to have as many individual devices as we have clinicians in our practice to take payments from clients. The lack of this feature may be the only thing that would make us consider getting a different service and we would like to stay with square.

Thanks for asking,

Steven

Message 341 of 380
Square Champion

A easy way to resend and edit receipts from appointments. Why not have the ability to send the same version as terminal print out. And also the ability to ad a persons name /date/treatment length/cost/my name and association number all in one location. 

Ryan Anton Schaffer RMT
www.reginamassagetherapist.com
Message 342 of 380

When merging 2 accounts for a client, ALL info needs to be merged, especially the most recently used phone numbers!  Thankfully the Credit card info merged correctly...Just ran into this issue with a client!

Message 343 of 380

It is great we can now include marketing to FB with our email campaigns, but it needs to be the SAME as the email version we created, otherwise it does not match or make sense. It also is embarrassing and unprofessional!

Message 344 of 380
Square Champion

Another feature I would like to see is. On the square POS when you want to edit the price of an item that has multiple variants you have to select each one to change the price.  On the website you can tap select all/ edit prices and it changes it for all items.  I would love to see that in the POS app.  

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 345 of 380
Square Champion

The same functionality that Mailchimp offers in Square Marketing would allow me to drop Mailchimp.

Renรฉ

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 346 of 380

I would love to be able to use my canva advertising here. If you guys could coordinate with canva so that we can use what we create in canva in our email & text marketing here it would be great

Message 347 of 380
Beta Member

1. Ability to enter schedule orders and have them print at a specified time. Ex customer calls to order a cake on Monday to be picked up and paid for on Fri..staff can enter the future order in on Monday..store the order and schedule the order to be printed to the kitchen on Friday at a specified time. This is CRUCIAL for restaurants! 

2. Track payouts from tills....right now I can't tell what my cash payouts are at the end of the month without going back to each day....this is a PAIN !

Message 348 of 380
Beta Member

On Square Appts - the ability to mark a client as "arrived" or "checked in". When we have multiple staff members working and multiple clients waiting it can get confusing to figure out who has checked in and who hasn't. Especially since we book every 20 minutes and with back to back clients sometimes groups come together. This should be an easy add-on for square!! Please consider!!

Message 349 of 380
Beta Member

A feature I would like to see is to make square open source or at least have an API so people can have or make a feature specific to them.

Message 350 of 380
Square Champion

@cashaber The good news is the Square API has already been around for years and has tons of developers using it to make custom platforms that integrate with Square payments and Square POS platforms.  Many big brands out there are actually built on Square.

https://developer.squareup.com/us/en

Message 351 of 380
Beta Member

Interesting! Is there a resource of these custom platforms? 

Message 352 of 380
Beta Member

I would like to be able to "attach" a delivery to a person who is clocked in so that I can more easily pay employees for making a delivery.

Message 353 of 380
Beta Member

The ability to take EBT.

Message 354 of 380
Beta Member

I really need to be able to store a physical and mailing address for our business. square payroll is filing with our physical address and I keep getting notifications from the IRS that our address has changed. We do NOT have a mailbox at our physical location and the responsible team for handling correspondence is not at our actual restaurant location- they are at our home office. We need to ensure that our business mail is directed correctly. We have lost client checks for invoices, LARGE federal credit checks and important HR notifications because Square files all of our invoices, payroll reports, federal compliance reporting ONLY with the physical business location (again where we do not, and cannot have a mailbox) and NOT the proper mailing address. 

Message 355 of 380
Beta Member

Pictures on square dashboard items so I don't have to refer to the item photo on my phone or ipad. Thanks!

Message 356 of 380
Beta Member

The ability to put a permanent sale price on n an item. Super duper important in retail when we mark items down to clearance.  I NEED this feature like yesterday!! And I need it to sync to my website and with Comment Sold so it can go to my app. PLEASE!!! 

Also need a 4-pay system like Sezzle or After Pay. 

Message 357 of 380