x
Admin

If you had to pick one feature you feel Square's platform is missing, what would it be? ๐Ÿช„

Hi Seller Community. We here at Square are wondering...

If you had to pick one feature you feel Square's platform is missing, what would it be?

GlitteringGlitteringKentrosaurus-size_restricted.gif

We look forward to reading your replies! ๐Ÿ‘€ 

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 380
2 Best Answers
Beta Member

Best Answer

I would like to see a price override option.  This option will allow you to change the price of any item temporally "for this sale only" on the fly like at the POS counter on the register.  

IE. Customer comes to your location, selects an item they wish to buy and requests a lower price due to damage to item or other reasons...  (would need manager approval) you would touch the price of the item and change it. then a box would popup for reasons IE  Damage,late delivery, price was advertised at a lower price, price match at other stores etc... or Other "type in reason."

I dont think this is much to ask and would benefit everyone using the system

View Best Answer >

Message 236 of 380
Beta Member

Best Answer

Custom client profiles. Where we can put in notes about the client that shows up when we click their name and not just in a certain appointment.

Regina Knox

View Best Answer >

Message 359 of 380
379 REPLIES 379
Beta Member

Custom text reminders. Most of my clients do not want an email but do not mind text. It would be nice to be able to customize my messages to my clients.

Regina Knox
Message 358 of 380
Beta Member

Best Answer

Custom client profiles. Where we can put in notes about the client that shows up when we click their name and not just in a certain appointment.

Regina Knox
Message 359 of 380
Super Seller

maybe have the ability to upload a photo...I have about 10 Erica's lol

Message 360 of 380
Super Seller

I would like to have different options for late Cancellation and no shows. For late Cancellation we charge a certain percentage (between 50% - 75%) for no call/no shows we charge 100%. 

at the moment we can not do two different amounts. 

Message 361 of 380
Beta Member

We would love that as well! 

Message 362 of 380
Super Seller

The ability for a customer to invite others to join their order. โ€œI just bought lunch at [enter, coolest spot ever] want me to grab something for you?โ€ Customersโ€™ contacts have a window of time to place their order before opportunity closes. Customer is notified of additional orders when window closes.

Customer has option to offer to pay for all orders when invite was sent or leave as pay for yourself. 

Customer gets credit for referrals, and it goes on and on. 

Take care of yourself and, as life provides, someone else too.
Message 363 of 380

The ability for clients to book couples massages online. Squares payroll is great but I canโ€™t really use it cause I have to manually add everything and ad and minus tips for therapists doing couples massage. It takes me a couple hours every pay period which feels like a waste of time, especially when the payroll software touts it can do everything stress free ๐Ÿ˜…

Message 364 of 380
Beta Member

I am not sure the best way to set up, but perhaps you can have the couples massage booked where its one therapist per massage, ( two services booked together, but under one client booking request) Then you could check out together under one bill, and the tips would automatically be split evenly by $ amount.  this would be under the multi service option rolled out several months ago:

Example for our salon: Katie request a mani and a pedi.  It gets booked as multiple services, but can be one request, Katie can have her mani with Madison and then her pedi with Catt, at check out she has one bill, but services will properly be checked out under the techs and the tip split between the dollar amount, example $40/$60 and a $20 tip: $8/$12. tips couldn't be split any other way but by service dollar amount, or cash tips.

We didn't like to how the multiple services looked on our calendar so we MANUALLY book and check out twice for the same client under two different techs.  Once for the mani and then for the pedi.  Clients can easily swipe/tap or use a card on file, tip is left individually as well.  It becomes a bit much when the client also buys retail- as we don't want sales tax to be put onto the service amount OR for techs to get their service commission (ex 50%) on the retail.  It takes a moment longer at check out, most clients get it, and all end up getting use to it -but it properly reflects payroll report and EASY commissions for payroll, all I do is make another column in my excel sheet to add up commissions + tips earned =  (sum) check total! I hope this can help you save a bit of time with payroll, it use to take me quite a long time as well, and now its pretty seamless. 

Message 365 of 380
Beta Member

A true backend inventory system that takes into accounts modifiers and modifier sets along with Variations and non-sale items needed to keep the business running.  This would include the ability to turn off certain items from inventory but still record the sales and provide data for reporting.

Message 366 of 380

A different format with the Tipping screen. Once the card is swiped for payment on the service The tipping screen pops up as a second screen and it makes me uncomfortable like I'm expecting for them to leave a tip for me. I'm thinking if I have them actually sign after their card is swiped would that more inconspicuous and less forward? It's just really uncomfortable this way for me. I'm starting to just hit no tips so I don't have to ask them if they want to leave a tip or cheat myself out of a hard-earned tip because I don't want them to feel obligated to leave one. I hope this made sense lol

YR
Message 367 of 380
Super Seller

I would like to see Square POS like the website in the backend.  I hate having multiple variations and have to edit each one individually.  Where on the website you can select all and change them all at one time.  

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 368 of 380

Better reporting!  A way to see future (food) orders and the items ordered all in one printout or view, instead of having to open each order and write down what it is. Would be helpful for holidays, we get hundreds of orders for Thanksgiving 

Message 369 of 380
Beta Member

Fully integrated Square Kiosk offered by square and not a 3rd party. Elo makes excellent Android touchscreens just for this purpose.

Message 370 of 380
Beta Member

Give the ability to go back to a transaction and either add the customer or change the name. At busy times we may not have the time to add it but would like to later. 

Message 371 of 380

Have the ability to easily change between two locations on the Mobile iOS App. Right now you have to log out and log back in to change locations.

Message 372 of 380
Beta Member

I believe this is part of the new march update! Check out: 

New Accounts Feature: Mobile Location Switching

• We know that sellers with multiple merchants or multi-location merchants have a hard time switching between their various properties on both web and mobile. To help make things easier, weโ€™ve launched mobile location switching!
Message 373 of 380

Have the ability to accept Deposit payments when clients book an appointment online. Right now we only have the option of holding their card on file or charging them full price. If we can charge them a portion of the price that would be great.

Message 374 of 380

Square Appointments: Have the ability to change the duration of how long an appointment slot is held for when they click on a date and time. Right now it holds that appointment slot for them for 10 minutes. Wish we can reduce the amount of time to maybe 2-5 minutes.

Message 375 of 380
Beta Member

I have made many feature requests for our square POS to be able to print the customer's

phone number and address on the kitchen ticket for the delivery drivers. We have to copy and

paste the phone number and address separately into notes. This is time-consuming, especially when

the shop is busy. The kitchen printer ticket from an online delivery order is perfect and has all this information.

Please give the POS the same capability. 

Message 376 of 380
Beta Member

Could not pick just one. 

1. Messaging between team members. (Currently with another program because Square doesnโ€™t offer)

2. Payroll for multiple locations. (PLEASE?)

3. Ability to download full 16 digit e-gift card numbers

Message 377 of 380

I'm in Quebec , I would love Square to be multilingual.  I would hate to manually translate everything.  Weglot does not help me.  After working with Square for years I'm actually thinking of dropping them just because of this.  Keeping a separate website and having to manually update everything because Square lacks a multilingual platform is annoying and it doesn't seem to sync inventory with anything  ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 378 of 380