x
Admin

If you had to pick one feature you feel Square's platform is missing, what would it be? ๐Ÿช„

Hi Seller Community. We here at Square are wondering...

If you had to pick one feature you feel Square's platform is missing, what would it be?

GlitteringGlitteringKentrosaurus-size_restricted.gif

We look forward to reading your replies! ๐Ÿ‘€ 

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 380
2 Best Answers
Beta Member

Best Answer

I would like to see a price override option.  This option will allow you to change the price of any item temporally "for this sale only" on the fly like at the POS counter on the register.  

IE. Customer comes to your location, selects an item they wish to buy and requests a lower price due to damage to item or other reasons...  (would need manager approval) you would touch the price of the item and change it. then a box would popup for reasons IE  Damage,late delivery, price was advertised at a lower price, price match at other stores etc... or Other "type in reason."

I dont think this is much to ask and would benefit everyone using the system

View Best Answer >

Message 236 of 380
Beta Member

Best Answer

Custom client profiles. Where we can put in notes about the client that shows up when we click their name and not just in a certain appointment.

Regina Knox

View Best Answer >

Message 359 of 380
379 REPLIES 379
Super Seller

I would like for Square to make all functions available on all services Retail, POS, Register, Restaurant, etc.

Renรฉ

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 2 of 380
Beta Member

Literally, this!!! 

Message 3 of 380
Beta Member

Yes! It stumps me that I cant do an exchange on my Square Register, which is made for a retail situation even though I pay for Square for Retail. 

Message 4 of 380
Super Seller

Same here. I would love to have a square register, but since i exclusively use square appointments, it is not possible. I like that it is all one screen to card and tip, which the other ones are disjointed [although they are appointments enabled].

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 5 of 380
Super Seller

I would looove to see a chatbot for online & appointments.

The same functionality across every offering.

๐Ÿค“

Alicia | PEINT
@getpeinted
Message 6 of 380
Beta Member

Aside from the above mentioned by @GourmetOnWheels preorders for a specific time and date. 'come on... 

Message 7 of 380

Agree to this 

Message 8 of 380
Beta Member

YESSSSSSSSSS!

Message 9 of 380

Accepting EBT payments to help relevant food vendors ensure accessibility.

Message 10 of 380
Beta Member

I don't know if it helps, but Square has an integration with TotilPay that allows you to accept EBT.

Orlando Perrone
Owner
Perrone Technologies: The Computer Shop
www.perronetech.net
Message 11 of 380

IMHO, it's too expensive and awkward to be user friendly.

Message 12 of 380

I agree. since the bigger retailers are doing it, I think the smaller businesses should be able to get in on the benefits of customers using their card. Good suggestion!

JDKCraftStudio
Message 13 of 380

the ability to link items to service rendered. if a business uses certain items to provide a service, it would be great to have that item subtracted from inventory as to keep track of how many items are left, how often it is used between different services, and keeping track of cost helping better understand profit margins.

Message 14 of 380

Exactly - if I could keep appointments, appt fees, inventory charges, and more in one place would be superb. And I do need to charge a sliding scale so these fees must be adjustable.

Message 15 of 380

Crypto as a payment option.

Message 16 of 380

This. Bitcoin and Lightning please.

Message 17 of 380

When I choose Balance from the menu, I want to see the deposits to my account -- not an advertisement for Square's checking and savings services. 

Message 18 of 380

Yes!

Message 19 of 380

YES agreed...

Message 20 of 380

I love the option for contracts / But Iโ€™d love to see customizable (by customers) sections in them. For example, for them to fill in their phone number/address/etc..

Message 21 of 380