x
Admin

If you had to pick one feature you feel Square's platform is missing, what would it be? ๐Ÿช„

Hi Seller Community. We here at Square are wondering...

If you had to pick one feature you feel Square's platform is missing, what would it be?

GlitteringGlitteringKentrosaurus-size_restricted.gif

We look forward to reading your replies! ๐Ÿ‘€ 

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 380
2 Best Answers
Beta Member

Best Answer

I would like to see a price override option.  This option will allow you to change the price of any item temporally "for this sale only" on the fly like at the POS counter on the register.  

IE. Customer comes to your location, selects an item they wish to buy and requests a lower price due to damage to item or other reasons...  (would need manager approval) you would touch the price of the item and change it. then a box would popup for reasons IE  Damage,late delivery, price was advertised at a lower price, price match at other stores etc... or Other "type in reason."

I dont think this is much to ask and would benefit everyone using the system

View Best Answer >

Message 236 of 380
Beta Member

Best Answer

Custom client profiles. Where we can put in notes about the client that shows up when we click their name and not just in a certain appointment.

Regina Knox

View Best Answer >

Message 359 of 380
379 REPLIES 379
Beta Member

Other merchant processors charge you equipment rental fees, monthly minimum charges, different rates for different card types, and other hidden fees. Square at least is open with you.

Last year I only paid $939 in fees. However, I only processed $34K in credit cards.

Orlando Perrone
Owner
Perrone Technologies: The Computer Shop
www.perronetech.net
Message 43 of 380

The ability to manually override prices for items on an invoice.

The ability to have custom fields for customers to fill out

Message 44 of 380

Text message for transactions being put on hold for Fraud. 

Message 45 of 380

I would love to have a waitlist option for service openings. When someone cancels for instance, the people on the waitlist automatically receive a notification that there are openings in my schedule and they can go online to book. 

Message 46 of 380

Better Sales Tax settings. 

Either Square should link to Federal APIs to pull the taxes from the authorized sources or see what other platforms are doing. 

I think for retail store it's not an issue, cause they only worry about their locations and nexuses but once you go online - you need to figure what are the taxes of the shipping addresses you're sending to - that's painful if you're in California ๐Ÿ˜„ 

Message 47 of 380
Super Seller

@Svirid_off Yes every county and city in the country has different sales taxes. There are over 3,000 counties and over 35,000 cities. That is a staggering amount of sales tax numbers for an online seller.

Renรฉ

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 48 of 380

On Demand GPS tracking

Message 49 of 380

I run a massage business and really wish clients could book a couples massage so they wouldnt have to wait for. my receptionist to help them. I also wish booking was more organized. When clients go to book, every service is separate with separate time. So Swedish Massage. is 60 min 90 min or 2 hour, deep tissue is 60, 90. or two hour and so on. It feels like a bit much when you go to book. I. wish that, when you were booking you coul dchoose the category of massage first, then be asked how long they would like to go for then ask if they want ad on treatments. I also wish buying a gift card was a service option. 

Message 50 of 380

The ability to turn a ticket into an invoice.

Message 51 of 380
Beta Member

Oh! and the ability to "save" a ticket from the charge popup when you're typing in the customer name instead of having to back out and save. For some reason we have to do this way more than I would expect. 

Message 52 of 380
Beta Member

You can do this in Square POS and Square Retail, just choose Invoice in the payment screen. For some weird reason Square Restaurant doesn't allow this though and its driving me crazy ๐Ÿ™‚

Katrina@BSLprints
Message 53 of 380

Would love to see a gift registry function!

Message 54 of 380

The ability to have my team use their own phones/devices. So the app on their phone would allow them to use my link to join my team - even if they have a side business using Square. Or to change from being employed here on the weekends, and with that business on Tue +Thur. They would only connect to one business at a time. Also a little more support for volunteer fundraiser work. If the staff are not actually going to be paid, some of the set up tutorials on both the org and staff side seem very rigid. There should be a way for the org to indicate that they are not paying anyone and this setting would automatically skip some features in the set-up. I also have no way to log our tax exempt status at the org level. If some of these features are there, then the help area needs to improve to help with setup.  

Message 55 of 380
Beta Member

Just have them create a new login strictly for your business. So log out of their Square and then log in to yours. Then they can log in to your team.

Orlando Perrone
Owner
Perrone Technologies: The Computer Shop
www.perronetech.net
Message 56 of 380
Super Seller

Careful with the legality thereโ€ฆ If you require them to use their own phones you may be responsible for paying their billโ€ฆ just a thought 

Abby
Owner, Abigail's Gift Boutique and Abigail's Boutique St. Louis, MO
https://www.facebook.com/abigailsgiftboutique
https://www.instagram.com/abigails_stl/
Message 57 of 380

The ability to speak with a live person and not a robot. Have the same features on the laptop as well as the phone. 

Message 58 of 380

I would like to be able to add a couple of banks and/or debit cards I can transfer to, instead of having to go thru the motions of changing them each time.

I would also like to see the fees for accepting each transaction and transfer fees without having to dig all around. 

Message 59 of 380

The ability to create customer accounts for online ordering. Autofilling is fine, but having customer accounts allows me to market better and allows for a more professional customer experience as they can see their order history, use coupons, etc.

Message 60 of 380
Beta Member

The ability to archive inventory!

Message 61 of 380

Locking in the schedule's timezone to a master preset. This has by far been the biggest challenge with this software. My business operates (and accepts appointments) in CST only. Yet, if I am traveling to a different timezone (which I do regularly) the software converts the entire schedule to whatever timezone the device I am logging in at. This is problematic as I have no idea what the correct time I am booking clients for. Because of this very problem, I have mistakenly booked clients one or two hours prior to the business opening. The appointments will only take place inside of my business which will always be in CST. I have been made aware that the software sends confirmation emails based on the timezone the appointment was booked in. This has been an extreme headache for me and my staff. 

Message 62 of 380

To be able to open a tab and charge the card without holding on to to card.

Most customers do not like to leave a card behind.

Do not charge taxes on fees we collect, just the sales 

To be able to change the account holder's name without having to open a new account. It's discriminatory against women who are more likely to change their names with marriage or divorce.

Message 63 of 380