x
Admin

If you had to pick one feature you feel Square's platform is missing, what would it be? ๐Ÿช„

Hi Seller Community. We here at Square are wondering...

If you had to pick one feature you feel Square's platform is missing, what would it be?

GlitteringGlitteringKentrosaurus-size_restricted.gif

We look forward to reading your replies! ๐Ÿ‘€ 

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 380
2 Best Answers
Beta Member

Best Answer

I would like to see a price override option.  This option will allow you to change the price of any item temporally "for this sale only" on the fly like at the POS counter on the register.  

IE. Customer comes to your location, selects an item they wish to buy and requests a lower price due to damage to item or other reasons...  (would need manager approval) you would touch the price of the item and change it. then a box would popup for reasons IE  Damage,late delivery, price was advertised at a lower price, price match at other stores etc... or Other "type in reason."

I dont think this is much to ask and would benefit everyone using the system

View Best Answer >

Message 236 of 380
Beta Member

Best Answer

Custom client profiles. Where we can put in notes about the client that shows up when we click their name and not just in a certain appointment.

Regina Knox

View Best Answer >

Message 359 of 380
379 REPLIES 379

-Custom fields at checkout. Currently there is a way to turn on order notes, but I would love to be able to either put a note next to that box to ask for specific prompts (like "how did you hear about us?") or a few additional fields to collect more (legal) data from customers that would be optional to fill out. You can add custom fields when collecting customer data on the Square App, but no way for Online orders to collect this info, like birthdays for example.

Message 232 of 380

-Ability to accept tips/donations in the same transactions as an order fulfilled with shipping.

Currently I have a listing in the store set as a "donation item", but it must be purchased separately from the main order, since one is fulfilled with shipping and the other is fulfilled digitally, which is really inconvenient for the customer and discourages "tipping" me and also having to fill out the order information twice.

Message 233 of 380

-Multiple shipping profiles for a single item.

With the recent update, you can (finally! thank you!) specify items to be shipped to specific places at specific rates. But it is only a flat rate, and the biggest limitation is that you can only have ONE shipping profile per item.

If I wanted one pricing ruleset to ship a particular item to Canada, and I different price rule to ship that item within the USA, and another price rule to ship to the UK, I cannot do that. If I try to set up a rule for only for specific international destinations with this feature, then suddenly it cannot be shipped domestically AT ALL, because I can't list separate rules for domestic shipping separately once an item-specific rule is applied.

To put it another way, I want to be able to specify it like this: IF country = international destination, THEN use X ruleset. ELSE = use default ruleset. Or alternatively instead of/in additional to an ELSE statement, I primarily want the ability to add additional IF statements for different destinations on the same item.

Message 234 of 380

-The ability to refund just the shipping on an order.

I had someone who placed an order with me on my store, but was able to pick it up in-person at a craft show instead. So I went to refund the shipping and discovered I could not send a refund unless I also picked an item to go along with it. So I was able to manually adjust the amount to only refund the equivalent of the shipping, but it made it so their order was listed as "cancelled" instead of "completed" and that messes with other metrics associated with item sales.

Message 235 of 380
Beta Member

Best Answer

I would like to see a price override option.  This option will allow you to change the price of any item temporally "for this sale only" on the fly like at the POS counter on the register.  

IE. Customer comes to your location, selects an item they wish to buy and requests a lower price due to damage to item or other reasons...  (would need manager approval) you would touch the price of the item and change it. then a box would popup for reasons IE  Damage,late delivery, price was advertised at a lower price, price match at other stores etc... or Other "type in reason."

I dont think this is much to ask and would benefit everyone using the system

Message 236 of 380
Beta Member

Hey, @cashaber , are you using Discounts under Items?

We use the custom discounts feature to give on-the-spot price reductions like that.  You can pre-set reasons and amounts for things like Damaged or Late Delivery, or leave the amount blank and it will let you enter the discount during the sale.  Create a blank one or "% off" as well as "$ off". 

Sure you may have to do some math if you want a specific price instead, like the Price Match example you gave, but hopefully your price is pretty close to the competitors or your policy is to give a flat discount or something. 

Does that help? 

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/3955-create-and-manage-discounts?utm_source=register-android...

Message 237 of 380
Square

Hi,
I just asked the product manger for items and he gave me an example of discount you can create to approximate this feature. It does not allow typing in a reason, but you could create 5 or 6 for all the different reasons. Once you create the variable priced discounts, you can apply them to the cart and enter the price you want the discount to be.

Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 1.13.15 PM.png

Here is another tip that someone shared, but sadly this feature was only added to the Retail app...:
Retail also offers the opportunity to override a price (โ€œAdjust priceโ€) at checkout and the feature is available on their free plan. (Youโ€™d need the RTL app though and it doesnโ€™t allow you to enter a reason for the change in price).

Message 238 of 380

auto ship (email) digital products

Message 239 of 380

With the new update to the registers, the ability to Start, End, and Pay in/out a till is missing. Was one of my most used features.

Message 240 of 380

Accounting integration so I can ditch Quickbooks

Message 241 of 380
Beta Member

I use Xero with Square. Works great.  

Message 242 of 380
Beta Member

Don't know if this has been said as the thread has gotten quite long.

It would be really helpful if on the on-line system, certain items could be set to automatically revert back to "0" in stock each day.  

We are a bakery and make a number of items that are out for sale for one day only and also some things on only certain days.  If the pars reverted back to zero each day it would insure that we don't accidentally offer something for sale on line that we don't have in stock because I forgot to change the count.

This and the ability to set a specific day to have an item ready for pick up (namely for the holidays) instead of "having the clock start" when the customer clicks buy.   

For a point of sale system that is supposed to be bakery / small business friendly, these two features seem like no brainers.

Message 243 of 380
Beta Member

One way to do this is to turn off inventory tracking on bakery items. they will still be counted so at the years end you will see how many was sold.

Message 244 of 380
Beta Member

I sell credit card processing and I choose to use you all...you are good! With that said I own a bar and I'd really LOVE to see you figure out bar tabs. In full disclosure the bar is small and I just use your basic square tablet. Currently we have to hold the credit card and it's a pain at times. I want to be able to tap the card on my reader and have the customers name show up in open ticket with the payment info stored so that the customer can have their card back.  To expand off of this I'd love to see the customer have the ability to close down their own tab via app or some other creative way, removing the bartender from having to find the card and get them paid out timely. 

Message 245 of 380
Beta Member

I love the idea of this however I feel you will be long in waiting for it to happen

Message 246 of 380

The ability to post a picture on an estimate. i know the attachment feature is there, but we would like the photo to be seen, without the customer having to click on the attachment link.

Message 247 of 380

Can I put 10 likes on this? My customers want to print out the estimates with the picture without having to click links and print pictures separately. Each item I do estimates on include custom mock ups.

Message 248 of 380

Square POS is still missing EBT option. We need it to be in the Square program, not an outside operation that adds too much cost.

Message 249 of 380
Beta Member

Pop-up selections for modifiers!  Hear me out:   We have a coffee shop and cafe.  There are hundreds of modifiers in food-service when you're talking about people's likes/dislikes/dietary restrictions/allergies, etc.  Currently, when modifiers are attached to items you have to scroll down through all the add-ons, removals, allergens, modifiers, etc.  It feels clunky and customers mention all the time how much scrolling we have to do.  If the modifier category buttons assigned to each item could be visible on the item detail that when tapped would have a small pop-up window appear, select the modifier(s) and return to item detail to either select another modifier category or save to the order that would save so much scrolling time.

Also, pre-orders that send to the KDS at the scheduled time and date would be A+.  

Message 250 of 380

Adding personalized payment options. And adding a warning button to check I.d. When alcohol is being purchased

Message 251 of 380

I recently switched from Homebase scheduling to Square. I love Square, the only thing I miss about Homebase is that when you are scheduling for the week, at the bottom of the page it displays projections of sale, labor cost by day, weather projections. I know square has the features to run these individually, I just really loved having it all in front of me while making the schedule to fit my staffing needs. 

Message 252 of 380