x
Admin

In the News: What’s your experience with Generative AI?

Pesso_0-1694007094845.png

Hey Newsies,

Today we’re looking at small business use of generative AI, with an article from Smart Company reporting that many are dealing with issues in using it. I’d love to hear your experiences on whether or not you’ve been incorporating AI into your business.

Smart Company: 69% of small businesses report issues with generative AI 

Generative AI, including tools like ChatGPT and DALL-E, leverages machine learning and artificial intelligence to create new content based on prompts and information that you provide. 

As the title notes, the article references a study by Xero which showed that 69% of small businesses report having some issues in using generative AI, which is split between dealing with its inaccuracies, lower employee morale as well as a drop in workforce as a result of its use, and decreased efficiency in having to review content created. The article also notes that there is a potential privacy risk in trusting AI with sensitive data and information, and that it’s important to use it with caution. It’s a good reminder to limit what you input to only things that you would make public on the internet. 

Pesso_1-1694007094949.png

While the big AI boom happened after I no longer had my shop, I can absolutely see the pros and cons of using it in a small business. It could theoretically be a big help in creating content and ideas for those with few or no employees, or those who might not have the time or more advanced knowledge. Even if some moderation and review might be needed, it could still save time depending on what’s being created. I would absolutely be wary of putting in any sensitive or private information, but there can be a lot of applications and uses that don’t hold any risk. It could be great for brainstorming ideas for marketing & social media campaigns, and new product ideas. 

What’s your perspective:

• What have been your experiences in using generative AI in your business?
  • What kinds of projects have you used it for, and how did it go?

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts!
Pesso

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him
Small Business Evangelist, Square

Join the Square Readers Book Club
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Admin

That's so cool, @Stacelyn24 !

Do you want to share a screenshot or two? No worries if not!

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 22 of 34
Super Seller

let me see if I can locate one saved on the computer lol 🙂

Message 23 of 34
Super Seller

Digits And Spikes Service Guide.png

Here's a screenshot for our express pedicure.  All techs are trained on pedicures but may not get many Express ones booked...now if they forget or need a refresher...they can just flip through their service guide.  And ChatGPT helped list out all the steps with a few minor tweaks 🙂

Message 24 of 34
Admin

Wow. Wow. Wow.

That is an incredible use of AI here, @Stacelyn24 ! I'm so glad that it worked so well for you with only a few tweaks, but a massive work savings! Incredible!

Thank you so much again for sharing-

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 25 of 34
Super Seller

Combined with product templates I've made and the auto write feature in Square I can put an item up in about 2 minutes.  Writing descriptions is the hardest part of putting up items, especially when you are putting up 50+ items at a time. It drains your brain :). Now I just type 3 or 4 small descriptions and it writes a description I would have never thought of. It has really changed how our website looks. Now to just find the time to change all the older product descriptions.

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 26 of 34
Admin

That's amazingly fast, @rtfulk ! That's a huge undertaking, so it's so cool that you can speed it up so much.

We'd love to see what you do -- Would you please be able to share what you input, what it shoots out, and what your final product description is? 

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 27 of 34
Super Seller

@Pesso  I make templates and save them with the sizes, Google requirements( age,sex,condition..etc). That way I just add the name of the item, color, price and photo.

I go to description and select auto write. 90% of the time it adds all the info, sometimes I add a little extra to the keywords.

The first photo is how I use to describe the items.

The second photo is the keywords.

The third is what autowrite writes, it's much better than what I could do, plus it sounds engaging and the best part it saves me a ton of time.

1.png2.png3.png

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Message 28 of 34
Admin

This rocks, @rtfulk ! I'm so glad this Square feature is helping you so much! 

Thanks again for sharing all of this-

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 29 of 34
Super Seller

@Pesso  Thanks, I will be glad when autowrite is available on the iPad, Autowrite appears, but when you tap on it nothing happens. I don't know if it is a problem with auto write being a pop up, and it won't work on the iPad. I do a lot of work on my iPad Pro and it would be great to have that feature.

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Message 30 of 34
Beta Member

We use ChatGPT almost daily for our social media posts. We are a very small team at our Restaurant and I always had difficulty in creating unique posts. Now ChatGPT does it for us - i just pick the topic of the day, maybe add a bit of weather and anything else i want highlighting and hey presto...  a really good social media post.

As we are only using it for this, the review time is insignificant and it has taken so much time out of our day and created great posts. Our frequency of posting has gone up and we also get a fair few more likes as well...... 

Cafe-Wine Bar-Bistro
Message 31 of 34
Admin

I love this, @iain697 -- thanks for sharing!

That's incredible that it saves you so much time and effort, and you're able to post even more than you used to with higher engagement!

Can you share some of the prompts you've used, what ChatGPT gave you, and the final products? I'd love to see each step-

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 32 of 34
Beta Member

Here's the Prompt........
create a new social media post for cafe ambience about Friday and our Full English Breakfast.... small, regular or large, starting from £4.95 - what's not to like

Here's the result....

🌞 Hello, Friday! 🌞 At Café Ambience, we've got the ultimate Friday treat that'll leave you smiling all day long! 🍳

🍽️ Dive into the weekend with our legendary Full English Breakfast! Whether you're in the mood for a small, regular, or large portion, we've got your appetite covered, starting from just £4.95! 😋🥓🍳

🥪 With sizzling bacon, hearty sausages, perfectly cooked eggs, and all the trimmings, what's not to like? It's the ultimate breakfast indulgence to kick off your Friday! 🍽🎉

📸 Join us today at Café Ambience and let's make your Friday a flavorful one. Your taste buds will thank you! 🥐 #CafeAmbience #FridayFeeling #FullEnglishBreakfast #HeartyStart #WeekendVibes #DeliciousEats #TreatYourself #SavorTheFlavor

Cafe-Wine Bar-Bistro
Message 33 of 34
Admin

This is so great, @iain697 -- thanks for sharing!

Did you have to give it any more guidance for tone or voice, or did you have to make any edits afterwards?

The final post looks great! Sharing it here for others to see:

Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 10.16.04 AM.png

You absolutely have an amazing social media presence -- I love your pictures, and it's such a great level of approachability and realness, with some arty ones thrown in. Keep up the great stuff!

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 34 of 34