x
Admin

What does your business do for the Festive/Holiday Season?

Hey Sellers,

It may feel like it's early to think about, but we're more than halfway to the Festive/Holiday Season!

giphy

It's never too early to plan ahead, and we love to inspire here, so:

What does your business do for the Holidays?

Fall & Autumn holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving; Festive & Winter Holidays like Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Years, Boxing Day, and any other holidays that we didn't think of!

Do you decorate your space?
Do you set up special Holiday Themed offerings like menu items or specials?
Do you run Events for your community?

How do you handle staffing and employees' time off?
How you handle long lines or large orders?

How do you promote and market your business during this time?

We'd love to see pictures too, so please share them in the comments!

Looking forward to seeing and hearing what you do.

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him
Small Business Evangelist, Square

Join the Square Readers Book Club
Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70

ONBETONBET88_0-1673345876849.png

prepare to welcome new year in Vietnam

Message 64 of 71

The farmers need to know how many turkeys to rear by the middle of August, therefore I am already taking orders for Heritage Turkeys.

Message 65 of 71

Most retailers rely on Christmas sales to give their finances that much needed final push through to the end of the financial year, and it's typically around this period that they'll see the biggest intake. regards: Pigskin Philodendron

Message 66 of 71

@Pesso I'm as of now taking requests for Legacy Turkeys, as the need might arise to be aware by center of August the number of poult's to raise.

Message 67 of 71

Having some variety in the decorations and splitting up the work is a smart move! Thank you for sharing this information

Message 68 of 71
Seller Community Mentor

We work from home, so decorating our space for customers is not an option.  It's a crazy-busy time for us in the heating industry, so we give back.  I am one of the decorators for Festival of Trees in our area.  I'm also a Director on the board for one of our local chambers, so I give my time to the Christmas Festival there.  My husband is the Grinch and dresses up to give the kids a hard time.  He puts a lot of effort into decorating our truck for the parade.  I also usually host an event of my own there as well.  I use these things as marketing tools.  It's important to us that we give back to our surrounding communities and let people know that we do.  We are very choosy about who we give our time and money to and only choose worthwhile causes that are dear to us.  People in these communities have come to learn that we will be involved in these things and supporting them.  That of itself supports our business.

Co-Owner/Office Manager
Arctic Heat
Boulder, MT
Message 69 of 71
Beta Member

I'm sad to say that my business has done nothing for the Holidays. 😅  I'm a jewelry artist and every year I think about making a cute 'Valentines' necklace or do a give a way...but I never do. Maybe this year!!

Shauna~Jynger Moon Jewelry
Message 70 of 71

It's the biggest time/opportunity for a beginners to start graphic courses.

Message 71 of 71