x

Add tip on invoice for specific employee?

I have an invoice with an added tip. I would like to allocate that tip to the employee handling the service associated with that invoice. The service will be provided in the future, maybe weeks or months.

Is there a way to tie that tip to the employee, and do it in the appropriate pay period when the service is performed?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey there and welcome to the Seller Community! This is a great question, but at this time there is not a way to attribute employee sales to the tips in an invoice. The best you can do at this time is to either add a note in the invoice who the tip should go to, or create a category for each of your employees to see which items were associated with that employee's sales. 

I hope this helps! 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

We Love Dogs! Mobile Grooming provides pet grooming service at the clients house or business. The Covid-19 modifications require us to invoice for contactless payment. Tip feature is added to invoicing, however is there a way to assign the invoice tip to an employee?

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

With Team Plus, employee sales/tip are attributed to them only if they collect payment through the POS using their 4-digit passcode and select Invoices as the payment method. 

If an invoice is sent and the buyer is paying from their end, tips are not allocated to the employee. 

@WeLoveDogs

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4