x

Can I change/update my name (not business name) on my account?

My personal name has a typo and I don't want to have to create a new account and lose my appointments & shop pages. Can this be done??

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Sorry for the late reply here,

Unfortunately you aren’t able to edit the legal name you used to activate your Square account. If you'd like to fix a typo with your activation name, you'll need to create a new Square account.

The activation name is not public facing in any way, so nobody will be able to see it. 

Message 2 of 6

Over the past few years I've been OK with knowing that the name I opened my Square account with is in no way forward facing. So everything is working through my business name.  That is until, I want to sign up for the new Square Card. The system takes me back to all of my old info, and the name I cant change!? Kind of Useless to get a card in a name that was legally changed 4 years ago!

Help me figure this out please!

Message 3 of 6

Hi @SRCRAW and welcome to the Community!

I moved your post here to a relevant thread in the Community around changing the name on the account.

Check out EJ's answer above for more details. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

Yes that's the one I referenced in my question. Except now it kind of a different deal, if Square is Going to automatically use my "not" legal name on a card that they are offering. I'd hate to lose everything from this current, very long standing account, just to get the benefit of using the new card. Thank for moving the post to someplace more relevant.

Message 5 of 6

@SRCRAW Unfortunately the Square Card can only come with the name on the account which cannot be changed.

You would have to make a whole new account under your new name if that's what you wanted the Square Card to show. Or you can apply for one in your old name that's on the account and still use it for the existing account. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6