x

Can I create a shipping label without an order?

I need to ship an item from my online store as a 'sample'.  How can I create a shipping label if there is no 'online order'?

Message 1 of 30
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

"At this time, there isn't a way to create a shipping label without fulfilling an order. I'm afraid you'll need to go through Shippo or a 3rd party to create one."

This seems really bad. This is the second thing that is just simply "not possible" with the square online site that should seem super obvious to be a function. The second being not being able to create BOGO discounts that automatically calculate at checkout.

These should both be able to be done from the square online site on it's own.

View Best Answer >

Message 19 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @CreatedbyPam 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Welcome! We are always stoked to see new faces, and we are glad to have you join us.

We may need to clarify a few questions before we give you a specific and tailored answer. What carrier are you using to ship your orders? - also, are you using a Shippo connection to create labels within your Online Store?

The more details provided, the better we can give you a helpful answer! 

We will keep an eye out for your response!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 30

I do have Shippo for my online store.  I use USPS to mail my packages. 

When I click "Create Shipping Label" I don't get an option to actually create one from scratch.  It tells me no order has been selected.  Here's the screen it gives me:

Select orders

1. Select orders

2. Select packaging

3. Select service

4. Purchase & print

No orders to purchase labels for

You can only purchase shipping labels for multiple orders at once if all the orders are domestic and still pending. You can always purchase shipping labels for any order individually.

Message 3 of 30
Alumni

@CreatedbyPam - there isn't a way to print a 'sample' shipping label if you don't have any open orders. 

Perhaps create a Test Item for $1 and place a test order to print a sample label. 

Justin
Message 4 of 30

Thank you, I was in my Weebly/Square website (which ships though Shippo/Shiply).   I'll just do it through my Shippo account instead.    Problem solved.

Message 5 of 30
Alumni

@CreatedbyPam 🙌

Let us know if you need anything else. 

Justin
Message 6 of 30

I just want to create a shipping label from the invoice. Don't even care if it has the postage. Just want an easy to make shipping label vs typing address into square then typing it in again for shipping. I am not using the online store at this time. 

Message 7 of 30
Alumni

There isn't a way to generate a shipping label from an invoice at this time. @hkyplyr26

Justin
Message 8 of 30

I own a clothing store and when I do live sales on Facebook, I want to be able to create a shopping cart with the items they want to buy and send them a link with it filled with their items. Is there a way to do this with Square Online? I know I can create an invoice in Square POS, but when they pay that invoice it doesn't show up on the Weebly side of things where I am able to print a shipping label. Can someone help with a creative work around for this disconnect?

Message 9 of 30

Thanks for reaching out! I've merged your post to an existing thread that will help keep some of this feedback together. This is still a feature request on both fronts - there is no way to create a shipping label from an invoice and you need to have an online order in order to create a shipping label for Square Online. You can create a shipping label from your shipping company that you use (FedEx, USPS, UPS), but it's not something we generate on our own. 

AshleyK
Message 10 of 30

it appears this has been an ongoing issue for not being able to create a shipping label from an invoice. when can we expect to see this option in square. i would like for customers to be notified when their order has shipped and expected. 

Message 11 of 30

Hey @Simplymine thanks for following up on this, this would be a feature request right now, and I highly encourage you to submit your request on our Ideate Board, our new process of tracking feature requests. I know it isn't easy waiting but we do value your opinion and feedback and will make sure to keep track of the feature request there. Thank you for working with us on this! 

Message 12 of 30
Beta Member

I would love the ability to create shipping labels and keep up with logistics within Square Invoice.

As of right now, I have to copy and paste customers address into Shippo and create shipping labels from there.

Am I maybe overlooking this feature alreadyScreenshot 2022-02-15 112106.png

Message 13 of 30

Welcome back to the Community, @brimitten

I went ahead and moved your post over to an ongoing thread where some sellers have brought up this exact Feature Request. 

Since this feature isn't available moving you post has added your voice to the cause with our Product Team. 

Keep an eye out for any Product Update posted by our Community Moderators. 

Thank you for taking the time to post! 

Kassi
Message 14 of 30
Beta Member

I love how I can use Shippo to create shipping labels for my online orders. However, sometimes there are situations in which I'm forced to go to a shipper's website to purchase a label from them directly. For example, a customer received a defective item and I need to send her a replacement. Is there any way for me to print a new label through Square?

Message 15 of 30
Alumni

At this time, there isn't a way to create a shipping label without fulfilling an order. I'm afraid you'll need to go through Shippo or a 3rd party to create one. 

@TabbyTree 

Justin
Message 16 of 30

I'd love to request this functionality... Sometimes I need to ship a replacement for a damaged order and right now, it's an extra step to have to ship from outside of Square. And without having the ability to add notes to an order, other employees can't see that the replacement has already shipped. Thanks so much.

Message 17 of 30
Beta Member

Is shipping from an invoice something that square is willing to make an available functionality for us to use?

Message 18 of 30

Best Answer

"At this time, there isn't a way to create a shipping label without fulfilling an order. I'm afraid you'll need to go through Shippo or a 3rd party to create one."

This seems really bad. This is the second thing that is just simply "not possible" with the square online site that should seem super obvious to be a function. The second being not being able to create BOGO discounts that automatically calculate at checkout.

These should both be able to be done from the square online site on it's own.

Message 19 of 30

I added an item to our inventory called "shipping" with a price of 0.00.  When I need to shop a sample I go to our items, add it the the store webpage then "purchase" it from the online store myself.  This creates an order in which I can create a shipping label in which I can add my customers information to.  It is "jumping through hoops" but is the only way to create a shipping label without an actual order being created.  Hope this helps...  

We will sometimes sell an item not on our webpage as yet, issue an invoice through Square to the buyer, they pay from the invoice then I'm having to create a shipping label using the above process...its a pain...but...the only way I have found...

Message 20 of 30

it would be great to have a shipping label feature in the paying from an invoice process in Square!😎

Message 21 of 30