x

Can I edit an invoice once it's been sent out?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: I forgot to add square's fee in sending out an invoice through Square. How do I rectify this?]

I consider myself a new to Square because I only use their service about 3 times a year, and I usually have to reacquaint myself with Square to remember how to invoice my clients. Recently I forgot to add Square's fee in sending out an invoice. It's a first time client and I have always added Square's fee to my invoices so that I am paid the full amount of my original invoice after Square deducts their fee. Should I simply go through Square and bill the client again just for Square's fee. I realize I would have to calculate what that amount is because Square would add their fee to my second invoice also.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

If the invoice hasnt been paid I would cancel it and create a new one to send that includes the fees you want to add.

Message 2 of 8
Alumni

@BobK808

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out.

As @Shearpower247 mentioned, I would cancel the invoice and send a new one with the correct and intended amount. We currently do not have a way to edit an invoice after it has been sent. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 3 of 8

Suddenly, I am not able to cancel or modify (update charges) on invoices already sent. The option to do this was under "more" previously, but that is now missing.

Message 4 of 8
Alumni

Once it's sent, it cannot be edited. Cancel the current invoice and resend it with the proper edits. 

Are you trying to edit a recurring series? If so, any edits will be applied for future invoices in that series. 

@Snowball

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Message 5 of 8

Resend proper information for open dispute 

Message 6 of 8

Sent wrong supportive invoice to dispute an open claim

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Lenny1,

The Seller Community is intended for Point of Sale seller to seller conversations.

I'm not sure what you're referring to above but it sounds like you're trying to contact the direct Support team for a question about a dispute.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Message 8 of 8