x

Can I get a text message alert when a customer places an order via Online Store?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Text Message Alert for Online Orders]

Can I also get a duplicate alert via text message when I receive an online order?

Message 1 of 42
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @GNBC!

Welcome to the Seller Community.

Your customers/buyers can get text message updates about orders but we don’t have this feature for sellers quite yet. It's something we may make available in the future. 

However, if you have the Weebly iOS or Android app then you can get notifications from the app directly regarding new orders. It's not the same as a text message, but it will provide an alert. 

Let me know if you have any questions about this! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Hey, so I ran into the same issue. The work around is that I contacted Weebly Directly and they changed the email that the orders went to . There isn't a way to get an order to multiple emails or to change it on the fly, but at least all the orders aren't going to my main email. 

I setup a separate email just for orders and have them all go there. 

Message 22 of 42

it would be nice if we could enable text message notifications for online orders, we have it set to accept orders and print orders but it does that on the point of sale stand and if no body is in the shop it is easy to miss an order.

I have set a filter and redirect on my email account but I have to send them to my personal account as this is the only one that pushes to my phone.

Message 23 of 42
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Uk103 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us again here on the Seller Community! Good to hear from you again!

I've merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also curious about text message notifications for new orders. Isabelle has a helpful answer that will offer a workaround while this feature continues to be developed.

In the meantime, let us know if you have any additional clarifying questions! We are here to help.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 24 of 42

I am aware of this feature but I am using my cell phone to take payments for one account outside but we are missing orders on the sister store that has its own account one is shoe repair the other is specialty foods!
Message 25 of 42

Is there a way to manage customer order updates?  Our store has a membership item and when a customer checks out there is a message, "Order updates will be sent by text message." I would like to remove that. 

Kim

Message 26 of 42
Admin

Hi @kvk! To disable that, go to Settings > Checkout > Advanced Settings in your Square Online overview page and uncheck the option to allow customers to receive text message alerts.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 27 of 42

Thanks!

Message 28 of 42

I know the customer received an email that their online order had been successfully placed because I received a copy of that email, how do I know if the customer was notified the order has been shipped?

Message 29 of 42
Alumni

There's no notification that's sent when your customer's order is shipped. You can always view the status of an order from the Orders tab in Dashboard. 

@TLD813

Justin
Message 30 of 42

Hi there. It is imperative to my business to receive a text notification in addition to the email notification that an order has been placed for an online purchase. I need to send the digital item from another platform promptly. I have searched and searched this site as well Google. Please advise. 

Thank you!!!!!!

Susan

Message 31 of 42
Alumni

Hi Susan. Currently Sellers cannot receive text alerts when an order is placed a customer. However, you'll be notified in the POS app when an order comes through. 

@semory

Justin
Message 32 of 42

If a customer makes a purchase is there way to get a text alert?

Message 33 of 42
Alumni

While this isn't currently possible, I've moved your post over to this thread where @isabelle covered how to receive notifications in-app when your customers place orders through your website. We will be sure to post an update here if something changes in the future, so stay subscribed to this thread to receive a notification @7thstreetbarker!

Valentina
Message 34 of 42

I have a food delivery service and sell my Italian food online. How do I change the settings so that I get a text notification when an order has been placed?

Message 35 of 42

Hey @Uncles-FK,

I moved your post to an existing thread where this questions been answered.

Check out @IsabelleM's Best Answer for details!

Ashley C
Message 36 of 42

I need to figure out how to set up my notifications so that when a customer orders from my website, I (as the business owner) receive a text notification.

Message 37 of 42
Alumni

Hey there, @rivendale. Looks like someone else asked a similar question on a separate thread, Moved your post to it. 

Feel free to use the Search bar up top to search any topic. Relevant threads will pop up so you can quickly find your answer. 

Justin
Message 38 of 42

We are using the self service functionality and would like to be alerted, I have read the thread and followed isabelle's suggestions of downloading the weebly app but I get a message when logging on that my account isn't currently supported - I had to use the logon with square feature. Is this because the fulfilment - self service is new? if so when will we be able to use the weebly app to log on and get alerts?

Message 39 of 42
Alumni

Have you tried using the in-app notifications in the Square Point of Sale app, @barjoanna? 🍻 

You can access these settings by opening the navigation menu > Settings, and scroll down to Orders.

• Notification Settings: By default, notifications will be enabled — you can disable or adjust how often you’re notified of new orders. Choose to be notified every 5, 15, or 30 minutes

Let me know if this is missing the mark!

Valentina
Message 40 of 42
Beta Member

Are there any purchase notice apps that is a third party or square has created, that can be used on our website? If so please let me know. 

Also can they add a feature that shows a  consumers location, like the consumer is shown other people purchase from Houston  as they scroll on a certain item to help upsell items...

Message 41 of 42

Hi @PawsandNerds - Thanks for reaching out to us with your question. I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed enabling notifications for Online Orders. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

Please see the reply from one of our Community Moderators, @isabelle, which has been marked as the Best Answer.

As for your second question, this ability would be considered a feature request. Although this feature isn’t currently available with Square, it’s a great idea and I can see how it would be beneficial to your business.

I’ve shared your feature request with our Product Team, as they are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators.

In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates, here, in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 42 of 42