x

Can I link two bank accounts to one Square account?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Can I link two different bank accounts to Square?

I have a square reader for the PTSA. I would like to take payments for a club and have the funds go into a different account. How can I do that?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 74
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Gayle3-

Welcome to the Seller Community! 🌸

Currently, a Square account can be linked to one bank account at a time. However, you have a couple of options:

• If your business has multiple locations, you can manage all of your locations under a single master account. This allows you to link a different bank account to each individual location.

• Or you can create multiple, unrelated Square accounts, each with its own bank account. You can then log in and out of each account on your mobile device, depending on where you’d like your payments transferred. This option keeps each Square account completely independent of the other, so you’ll need to manage each account separately.

I hope these suggestions are helpful. If I hear anything about being able to link more than one bank account to a location, I will definitely follow up in this thread. Thanks for your time! 

View Best Answer >

Message 68 of 74
73 REPLIES 73

This reply was created from merging an existing thread:

How do I add an alternate account to make deposits to

How do I add an alternate account to make deposits to I want to be able to choose one of two accounts to make a deposit true.

Message 43 of 74
Admin

Hello @SteveMomcher 👋. Take a look at EJ's post in this thread where he explains the options you have to link two different bank accounts to one Square account! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 44 of 74

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: adding multiple bank accounts

Is it possible to link more than one bank account to a square account? For example when you sell different products that have different bank accounts associated with them.

Message 45 of 74

Hey @bethiep

You can have one bank account per a location on Square. So you could create a second location and add an additional bank account.

It's important to note when taking a payment you will need to be signed into the location associated with the bank account you want it to be deposited into. 

Message 46 of 74

Hello, I just tried creating a new location in order to attach a second bank account. We need to receive 2 different kinds of deposits into 2 different bank accounts.

However, there is no evident way to actually add a 2nd bank account - in this location editor, it has a picker for selecting a bank account, but there is no way or info on how to add the second bank account.

EDIT: I found it - it took a hard reload to make the new 2nd location show up here: https://squareup.com/dashboard/business/bank-accounts-overview

then, I could add a new bank account to the new location -- Perfect! 

Note: we do not want 2 Square accounts to log into - we prefer 1 square account with multiple checking accounts linked per location.  is this possible? 

Thank you!

Message 47 of 74
Alumni

Sounds like you took care of yourself here, pg2020 - either way, welcome to the Seller Community! Just to confirm, having two bank accounts attached to one Square account without utilizing multiple locations is not possible at this time.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 48 of 74
Beta Member

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Can I link multiple bank accounts for deposits?

Hello,

I understand that at this time Square is unable to link multiple accounts for deposits. I would like to sugugest this feature for those of us who will benifit from having our deposits go into diffrent bank accounts. Thanks in advance!

Lady Lacquer LLC 

Message 49 of 74
Square Champion

Message 50 of 74

I need to deposit sales into two separate accounts. How do I add a second account to my square card reader?

Message 51 of 74
Square Community Moderator

Hey @gevans

I've moved your post over to this existing thread. 

There isn't a way to split up your deposits on one account and send it to multiple bank accounts unfortunately. 

You're only able to link one bank account to your Square account at a time, however you can create an additional location and add a separate bank account to that location. 

Message 52 of 74

I am trying to add a new bank account to a new location but unable to do so.  The only bank account showing is 1st account and there is no tab or button to create an account.

Message 53 of 74

We are a law firm. I am creating a new legal website. I already have a Square account. My existing Square account is not connected to the law firm trust account. The new website will accept payments for legal fees. Our rules of ethics require payments taken as a retainer to be deposited directly into the trust account [until we actually earn the fee].  Does Square allow us to connect our existing Square account to a second account, it being our trust account, which is a different account than our other website?

Message 54 of 74
Alumni

Hey @sdlombardi - While you aren't able to link two Square Accounts together, you can add a second bank account under your existing Square Account using the Multi-Location feature. 

Check out the best answer on this thread I moved you to learn how to set this up! 

Justin
Message 55 of 74

I'm not able to add the second bank account, even using a second location. It only allows me to select the existing account. 

Message 56 of 74
Admin

Hey @RioLowVoltage-

That doesn't sound right. 

When you go to Locations, in Account & Settings, do you see an option to create a location in the top right hand corner?

Let me know what you see on your end. Also, please make sure you're logged in as the account owner when you try to do this. 

Message 57 of 74

Looking to divide balance between 3 owners of the business.

Message 58 of 74

How do you set up more than one bank account 

Message 59 of 74
Square Champion

@mksalter What are you trying to accomplish with multiple bank accounts?  Are you talking about the bank account linked for deposits from your square seller account?

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 60 of 74

No I would like more than one bank to transfer money to from my square account.

thank you 

Message 61 of 74
Square Community Moderator

Hi @mksalter - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed having multiple linked bank accounts.

Please see the reply from one of our Community Moderators, @OLIVE_, which has been marked as the Best Answer.

I  hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 62 of 74

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: 

Is there a way to create a transaction specific transfer into an account?

Is there a way to create a transaction-specific transfer into an account?

Tags (1)
Message 63 of 74