x

Can a closed drawer session be edited?

We closed an active drawer with a mistake in the "actual amount in drawer" item.  Actually, the Square app froze and closed it out with the incorrect amount entered, but anyhow, can a closed drawer be edited to show the correct amount in "actual amount in drawer" item?

Message 1 of 89
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @906_Vapor, welcome to the Seller Community! 

I'm just popping in to confirm that @jjgard is correct. Once a cash drawer report is closed you will not be able to edit it. This is currently a feature request. I will make sure to share this post with our product team!  

Please let me know if either of you have improvements you would like to suggest! We love hearing from our Sellers. 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 89
88 REPLIES 88

I hear you. So many frustrating end of day closing with my teen baristas making mistakes that I can't fix. And when I'm not onsite is the real joke time. My quickbooks is always off according to the revenue mis-totals. Why can't we have another private login/password for adjusting these errors on the daily? 

Message 85 of 89

This is a major issue! We process hundreds of thousands through square and due to our revenue size my accountant is suggesting I switch to another POS system because of the backend headache and no way to fix entry issues. Square, I really hope this is fixed soon as I really do not want to be forced to start over with another POS/merchant service.

Message 86 of 89

We’ve lost track of entry mistakes as they affect, employee tips and taxes. It’s a nightmare for us. I mean create an owner code for access, something! 

Message 87 of 89

This is a very large problem as employees are extremely prone to making mistakes and miscounting! 

Square!! YOU MUST MAKE AN UPDATE TO MAKE CORRECTIONS TO ALL NUMBERS ENTERED IN ALL SECTERS!!! 

We switched over from another POS, and only 3 days in while using Square, we had a wrong number entered. Now our accounting will forever be incorrect until SQUARE gives the ability to edit the count!!

Message 88 of 89
Beta Member

This is just one of several issues with square that have made me very sorry I switched. My previous POS absolutely allowed for correction of mistakes. There is just no reason not to. As big of a pain as it is to switch I have started looking into other point of sale solutions because square obviously doesn't care enough to update features like this. 

Lauren Merrill
Message 89 of 89