x

Can you put a limit on eGift card promotion codes so they can't be used more than once?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: How do you put a limit on Promotion Code to avoid multiple uses when setting up a promotion code

How do I avoid customers using a Promotion Code more than once? I don't see any way to limit the amount of uses for a Promotion code, only to limit the dollar amount per use. 

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Helen here from the Community team. At this time there isn't a way to limit eGift Cards promotion codes this way. For now, you can set up a time-based promotion code so your code will automitically expire on a specific date. If this changes in future we'll update the Community to let you know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

promo codes can only be used once per transaction.  

you can set limits on how many times the code can be used if you want to have a first 20 people type promotion.  see this link for details.  https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/3955-create-and-manage-discounts

Message 2 of 7

My apologies, I didn't clarify that this is in regard to setting up a Promotion Code for eGift cards. 

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Best Answer

Helen here from the Community team. At this time there isn't a way to limit eGift Cards promotion codes this way. For now, you can set up a time-based promotion code so your code will automitically expire on a specific date. If this changes in future we'll update the Community to let you know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 7

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How to set limit on e-gift card promo code?

I would like to offer a promo code for customers purchasing e-giftcards, however, I would like to limit their use.  Is there a way to limit the promotion so that it may be used only once by each customer?

Message 5 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @KQR

While it doesn't seem to be available right, I really think that would be a really great feature to be able to limit eGift Card discounts for things like 1 per person/email-address! Hopefully they add this feature soon!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 6 of 7

I agree!  It would be a very useful feature to be able to offer a special eGift card promotion/discount, but limit the number of times a single customer (CC number/Email address or whatever) could use it.  This way we could offer a great deal to customers but prevent individuals from taking advantage of it by purchasing more than 1.

Message 7 of 7