x
Beta Member

Cumulative Spending for Square Loyalty

Hi! 

Will there ever be an option for cumulative spending in square loyalty? 

For example, you get a $5 reward for every $50 spent. 

Currently, my customers have to spend $5 to get one point, but if they spend less than $5 it doesn't count towards $50 spent. I would like for them to be able to spend any amount in store and that purchase goes toward the $50 spent. 

I have tried contacting support and I don't get a response on this. I am sure that lots of other square sellers would appreciate this feature as well. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @BCB2020 great question and thanks for reaching out! Right now, that's not something we have on our roadmap, but you may want to consider allowing loyalty points to accumulate per item rather than per $5, that way the customer is certain to get some points assigned. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 9
Beta Member

Is it something that can be added to your “roadmap”? 

Message 3 of 9

I’m very disappointed that customer spending is not cumulative.  I obviously missed that part when signing up.  I have a very small business and the pricing for this service is ridiculous since it does basically nothing for me.

Message 4 of 9
Beta Member

I had to change my rewards program to basically force it to be cumulative. I made it so customers get point for every dollars and they receive a certain dollar amount off for their reward. 

Message 5 of 9

Yes please add this cumulative spending to the loyalty program

Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

I had no idea this was not how this worked when I signed up for the loyalty program. Where in the loyalty set up does it explain that it is per transaction and not cumulative? I'm having to go in and fix customers stars because they spend $45 one day and $35 the next day and aren't awarded a star for it even though its set for them to receive a star for every $50 spent. This is not user friendly.

Message 7 of 9

Yes, exactly!  Paying $47/month for something I can do without this feature - or have to do with the feature - really a rip off! 

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Your feedback is valuable. I will make sure to share this with our product team for their visibility and consideration.  I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will also help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 9