x

Sales Tax Reporting

Does anyone know what report can be run to assist with quarterly sales tax reporting?  I can't identify a report that I can run that will list invoices along with customer addresses to ensure sales tax was collected properly and for reporting.  I would love to know what report can be run on a monthly basis to assist with auditing and compliance.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hi @Hottamale182.

As long as you have set up your sales taxes in Accounts & Settings, and indicated in your item library which items and services are taxable and which are not, then the standard Reports -> Taxes report will tell you the exact amount that was taxable for the period, as well as the total tax due to each of your taxing authorities.

There is no customer by customer report showing such an audit.  I’ve never heard of needing one.  I’m assuming that you are letting Square determine the proper sales taxes — or if you are selling to lots of states that you have an app like TaxJar that collects and remits sales taxes.  The only “audit” that I know of would exist by downloading the Transactions Detail CSV file which lists taxes collected for each item/service in a transaction.  But that would require you to do those calculations/audits in a spreadsheet.

What kind of business is yours that you feel you would need such a detailed audit, if I may ask?

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 2