x
Super Seller

Customer facing display for Square Register: any way to display ads instead of logo?

I was thinking today at my store...it would be a nice to feature to display a static, or even rotating ad on the customer facing screen on my square register. Currently I have my logo displaying on it, but I thought maybe I could upload a new "logo" that would actually be an ad for customer to see when they come up to the register. For example, If I'm running a special sale, I could design a graphic with text and pictures, then upload a .jpg or other file to the screen. 

Is this possible, or maybe in the future? I was going to try my workaround but now can't find where I originally uploaded my company logo. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller Alumni

Love the idea. I hope someone has some ideas to help you.

Message 2 of 6
Admin

Hey @HC_Charlie! You wouldn't be able to included an image that rotates or scrolls but I'll share that request with the Register Team.

In the meantime if you want to upload something other than your business logo the steps you're looking for are here: upload an image to your customer-facing display are in this post

Keep in mind when update the checkout background it will be visible on all devices signed in to that location.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

Thank you Helen. I tried it and it DID work. Just a few notes: I had to adjust dimensions as mentioned in another post, to 1818 pixels by 1144. Also, when I uploaded a new graphic, I thought I could just select the new graphic, save it, and then be able to revert to the original logo. However in order for the new graphic to replace the old logo, I had to delete all of the other images entirely from the settings area. It would be nice to save a collection of graphics, and then be able to switch to different ones without having to delete all of them, and then upload it again later to change. Thanks!

Message 4 of 6
Super Seller Alumni

I would concur with the desire to be able to have rotating images.  Every guest we have stands in front of our Square Registers, it's a great marketing opportunity.

Message 5 of 6
Admin

@jjgard and @HC_Charlie

Circling back to this post to let you know we have an update in beta! 

We're currently testing this feature. We'd love to have you involved. The formal invite should head your way soon, but we'd like to invite you to join our Beta Community so you can offer your feedback and follow along with other features and betas that you may be interested in for the future. 

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 6 of 6