x

Do you have an employee scheduling feature? If not, is there software that might work with Square ?

We are considering Square Employee Mangement and Payroll, but need a way to schedule employees also. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Hi @candykitchenred, welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up!

While we do offer a way to track employee performance, time cards & payroll, and appointment booking, the option of an employee scheduling feature is not available at this time. Out of curiosity, are there any specific features you're looking for with employee scheduling? I'll be happy to pass these details over to our Product Liaison team.

In addition, if any other sellers have any experience with a particular scheduling software that has worked well — feel free to share! 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 10

I would be interested in that as well!

Message 3 of 10
Beta Member

Has there been any development on this feature? This would help us tremendously. 

As far as suggestions for this feature, it would be nice if there was a login on the app or a link employees could look at that would be updated in real time. Or sync to a calendar like the appointments do. It almost seems like this could be a copy and paste of the appointments system, just not completely public and renamed. Or at least a good place to start. The code is already written.

Also, if it could at least email, but preferably email and sms text notifications or the schedule itself.

Allow for days-off requests.

It would be great if it would sync with time cards. Maybe send a notification if the person doesn't clock in when they are supposed to start.

Message 4 of 10

Tom - we would also like to see this feature incorporated into Square.  Our goal would be to reduce the number of apps we have to use in order to manage our business.  Being able to access the scheduling from the Square dashboard would be very beneficial.  Being able to see and manage the schedule from an overview perspective for our department head would greatly simply the number of interfaces we have to manage.

I do understand a standalone app would be needed for the employees to use for their purposes but just being able to view and be notified of their schedule is the basic level we would need for now.  Being able to drop and pickup shifts would be next.

Be glad to provide any more requirements for you.

Message 5 of 10
Beta Member

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Any recommendations on an app for employee scheduling for a small bar?

I will only have 5 or 6 employees and need to chose one of the available apps for scheduling.

Message 6 of 10
Developer

We use Homebase. It's free for scheduling and offers a copy option  for copying one week to the next.

Message 7 of 10

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Scheduling Feature that works with Square Time Cards?

With Square offering a one-stop payroll and time keeping service, it would be great if the services expanded to employee scheduling.

Message 8 of 10
Alumni

Hi there, @AmyV! I've moved your post to this thread where a few others asked the same question. I would recommend taking a look at our different team management partners App Marketplace - you have some options here. One of our partners, Homebase, posted here in the Community, if you'd like to learn more about what they have to offer.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 10

I would be interested too. The ability to schedule employees weekly and have it emailed out to them once completed.

Message 10 of 10