x

Does Square offer conditional, criteria, or quantity based discounts?

I want to put an item on the online store that will be discounted 10% if the quantity is 2 or more.

I tried using pre-discounted price points but the customer still has the option to choose a quantity, which throws everything off when they choose anything but a quantity of 1.

I could omit the pre-discounted price points and use a discount code but I only want the code to be applicable if the quantity is 2 or more.

Is this possible?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 200
199 REPLIES 199
Beta Member

bump

Message 106 of 200
Alumni

Note: The test phase is now closed as we get ready to launch! 

Hi @austin7777 ! We are testing a quantity-based discount feature that applies automatically based on your rules right now. Rules can be configured in the dashboard, and apply via Square Point of Sale, Square for Restaurants, or Square for Retail. If you're interested, I'd be happy to whitelist you and would love to hear feedback. 

You can create rules like buy a minimum quantity, exact quantity, or buy x get y.

A few notes to be aware of:

• If discounts are added manually, note that discount rules will not apply. This can be risky with a discount like buy one get one free where the discount amount is 100%. You can restrict manual application of auto apply discounts by selecting Passcode Required when you create the discount. Then only employees with the permission to edit items can apply the discount manually. 
  • Our discounting engine will only auto apply one discount per item. It applies the discount that is the best for the buyer -- use caution with BOGO offers because the item discounted will be of equal or greater value. (We are currently working on using equal or lesser value for BOGOs, but it is not ready yet).
  • To apply using your rules accurately in the Square Point of Sale or Square for Restaurants applications, you need a minimum version of 5.17; Square for Retail is 2.8. For Square Register and Square Terminal you need version numbers 3.9 and 3.10. (all minimum versions are available now). 
  • You can check the version on your device by going to Support > About 
Message 107 of 200

I am interested in this type of discount and trying it out.  Let me know if you can allow me access.  Thanks!

Message 108 of 200
Alumni

Can do, you're on!

Message 109 of 200

Thank you!

Message 110 of 200
Beta Member

I'm interested

Message 111 of 200
Alumni

Great @meros  you've been added!

Message 112 of 200

I'm interested!

Message 113 of 200
Alumni

Got it, your flag is on!

Message 114 of 200

How does one be a part of this? Trying to do a happy hour BOGO for our coffee shop that automatically discounts the second item. 

Message 115 of 200
Alumni

I turn on a flag. Yours is on! I'll send a few notes with callouts to be aware of before you get started.

Message 116 of 200
Beta Member

I would like to give this a try as well. Please advise on configuration. Thanks

Message 117 of 200

I am interested in

Message 118 of 200

i'm interested in trying this feature. we would like to offer a promo - "buy 2, get 1 free" 

Message 119 of 200
Alumni

You're on! Note that in the current version, this is only recommended for items of the same price. I sent a message recapping the details. 

Message 120 of 200

We would be interested in trying it out

Message 121 of 200
Alumni

@Applewicks and @4192155485  - you're on! 

With that we will be closing the test phase as we get ready to launch. We will post back in the Community when the quantity-based discounts feature is broadly available. Happy discounting!

Message 122 of 200

I know this message was posted two days ago, but I just wanted to say that this is a very exciting addition to the store, and I can't wait to be able to make use of it! Any idea when it will be publicly available? I wish I had found this thread earlier to give it a try!

Message 123 of 200

Hi @elaine_p please count me in! I need to apply discounts asap per quantity for same priced items. Thanks!

Message 124 of 200

While I appreciate square’s Efforts to deliver a conditional discount process, I’m afraid it does nothing for my issue.  I’ve given up on selling “ sets” and have had to change my product line as a result.  Let me know if you ever want to get serious about conditional rather than quantity based sales. 

Message 125 of 200

YAYYYY! This makes me so happy! How do I get whitelisted?

Message 126 of 200