x

Does Square provide account or merchant ID numbers?

Hello, i just purchased my Square. I am also trying to get a sellers permit. the board of equalization is asking for my "merchant card processor name" and "merchant caed processor account".

Where can i find my "merchant card processor account".

thanks people,

matthew

Message 1 of 44
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Great questions everyone! Square actually doesn't have individual account numbers for our merchants. We use your individual email address to distinguish accounts. Every individual merchant account is associated with an email address instead of an account number. Try using the email address that is tied to your Square Account. 

Hope that helps! 

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
Super Seller

Hello @ToplineDetail thanks for your post. Square actually doesn't have individual account numbers for merchants. Use your individual email address; individual merchant accounts are associated with an email address instead of an account number. Try using the email address that is tied to your Square Account. 

If that doesn't work or if your email is too many characters, try just typing Square, or if you're filling out paperwork you could try "Square uses my email address". Hope this helps answer your question.

Message 43 of 44
Square Community Moderator

Hi @ToplineDetail- Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed Merchant Identification Numbers. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

Thank you, @HC_Charlie for providing an answer here!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 44 of 44