x

Dynamic wait times, or category-wide inventory questions.

Hello, we operate a pizza food truck using QR Code ordering, with a QR code on each table. We need Square to create a programmable wait time, so that when people sit down and scan the code, they know a realistic wait time. Even if it was as simple as allowing us to input a wait time adjustment per order, so with no orders its 10 minutes, and each additional order within that time frame adds 5 minutes. Either way, let us dictate the variables. How else can we deal with rush times?

All our dough is fresh, and that limits our output for a day. So, we want category inventory management. For example, we have 100 doughs for the night. We can sell 100 cheese pizzas, or 50 pepperoni and 50 cheese, etc, but not more than 100 items total within the category. Please add this feature.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

These are great features that would help not just your business but many Sellers out there that may be going through the same situation @Irslagel.

I will make sure to pass this over to our product team for their visibility and consideration when working on future updates to both Square Online and the Inventory tool.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

We desperately need this dynamic wait times feature. We are having reoccurring issues where customers will order a lot of items through Square Online (either for pickup or delivery), and the processing time will display the processing time similar for one item, usually about 10-15 minutes. We need Square Online to be able to dynamically adjust the total processing time of the order based on the number of items ordered, and also considering the number of other customers' orders already in queue, so that the customer will have a better estimate of when their order will be ready for pickup or delivery. This should be a relatively simple algorithm to code. Please prioritize this feature.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @ptmanagement  I appreciate you reaching out with this feedback! At this time this is still a feature request. We have made some changes to how we are handling feature requests, so I will ask you to submit this request on our Ideate board for our product team to monitor. We understand waiting for a feature to be built out is frustrating so we do greatly appreciate your patience.

Message 4 of 4