x

Feature Request: Automatically hide Out of Stock items on my Square Online website

Verified Answer

Feature Request: Automatically hide Out of Stock items on my Square Online website

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Is it possible to automatically "hide" out of stock items on the weebly website/online store?

I really don't like items of sold-out items appearing in the store and it can be time consuming to have to remember what's sold out, then go and manually hide it. Is there a way or an option that can allow any "Out of Stock" items to be automatically hidden?

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Is it possible to automatically "hide" out of stock items on the weebly website/online store?

At this time, the ability to have your items be hidden automatically when they are out of stock is a Feature Request. I understand how this would be useful, especially if you have a large Item Library, @jshiree - we'll definitely update this thread if this feature is built out.

In the meantime, the easiest way to manage is to make these edits through the Item Library page. To help save time here, if you have a large Item Library, it may be helpful to export your Item Library. You can do this from either your Square Item Library, or the Item Library found in the website editor for your Square Online Store.

When you export, there will be a column titled Current Quantity. Any items with a '0' in that column are out of stock. Once you identify the out of stock items, you can go back to your Item Library and search for those items by name instead of mentally keeping up with your sold out items. I hope this helps!

Verified Answer

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Is it possible to automatically "hide" out of stock items on the weebly website/online store?

I really don't like items of sold-out items appearing in the store and it can be time consuming to have to remember what's sold out, then go and manually hide it. Is there a way or an option that can allow any "Out of Stock" items to be automatically hidden?

53 Comments
Alumni

At this time, the ability to have your items be hidden automatically when they are out of stock is a Feature Request. I understand how this would be useful, especially if you have a large Item Library, @jshiree - we'll definitely update this thread if this feature is built out.

In the meantime, the easiest way to manage is to make these edits through the Item Library page. To help save time here, if you have a large Item Library, it may be helpful to export your Item Library. You can do this from either your Square Item Library, or the Item Library found in the website editor for your Square Online Store.

When you export, there will be a column titled Current Quantity. Any items with a '0' in that column are out of stock. Once you identify the out of stock items, you can go back to your Item Library and search for those items by name instead of mentally keeping up with your sold out items. I hope this helps!

The export to see the out of stock items so you can then go in to remove them one at a time is a total non-helpful solution!

We are a store which sells only OOAK items so every item is "out of stock" once it is sold.  The addition of preventing an out-of-stock item from being sold - FEATURE REQUEST, PLEASE!! - would be an enormous feature improvement for our shop.  

Discussions and requests for this feature have been around for several years, but we see no action on this. So frustrating. We would be buying more Square equipment if your inventory system worked better.

I recently started using the online store, in addition to sending invoices to customers who purchase from me. I didn't notice until today that when an item sells out it still shows on my online store.

Why question is, is there a way to set up items so when they sell out they are automatically hidden from the online store? Or do I have to go in manually and hide each item that sells out?

Thank you for your time,

C

Admin

Hi @Chelsee- Check out Valentina's answer here for some insight on this topic!

In the online store settings there is a “button” that says “Sold Out” that can be turned on so even though the items

show up, they are obviously identified as not available. 

Our issue is that in main inventory if an item is sold and out of stock it can still be sold again. This is still an issue for us. 

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Sold Out Stock

I've updated my stock to say zero on items, but it's still showing up as something someone could put in their cart on the online store??

Alumni

It sounds like you don't want the item to appear on your online store while the stock is at 0, @vashon_flyer. If that's the case, you'll want to edit the item, and change the visibility from Visible to Hidden.

If you've set your stock to 0 for an item, the item will still appear on your online store, but customers should not be able to add it to their cart. Once your stock is at 0, the item page will look like the screenshot below - notice that the Add to Cart button text is greyed out and is unclickable. I hope this helps!

Hi,

I've been using square for sometime and its been fantastic.

I recently moved to the online platform and that has also been great.

Is there an option so a listed item will auto hide from the website when sold out? Since my stock levels are always low I find it really clutters the item pages when so many items are sold out. I get new stock each week so its very time consuming having to hide & unhide stock. or alternatively could a filter option be added to the website to show 'in stock' items..

Thanks

Admin

Hey @MLTZER!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community, and for your kind words about our system!

We do not currently have this feature available. We're tracking this feature request here. We'll make sure to post updates in that thread regarding this feature. 

I'd like the website to automatically hide an Item when it goes Out of Stock as most items are one-of-a-kind.  How to set this please?