x
Beta Member

Feature Request: How can I find my average check size and total checks in the reports?

I don't know why Square doesn't put the average check size and total number of checks on the main page of the reports.  To be honest, I can't find that anywhere unless I run a custom report.  I believe I must be missing something because these are basic reporting fields that should be on the first page of the dashboard.

Anyone know where I can find these besides creating a custom report?  Ideally if they aren't located on the Sales Summary, they should be on the transactions page.

I attached a photo of where I think it would do nicely.Screenshot 2021-04-18 233802.png

EDIT:  I unmarked the answer from Donnie-M as Best Answer because it answered my question by saying to create a custom report when my question literally states "other than creating a custom report".  I never marked it as Best Answer to begin with.

Also, after asking the question and not receiving a sufficient answer, this is a feature request and not a question now.  It would also be great if the average check and total transactions were listed in the email reports.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

@manousheh403 The only place I find them is under the custom report which I have set up to use regularly.  I actually set my square home page to my custom report link

https://squareup.com/dashboard/sales/reports/builder/daily-sales-report

This takes me right to it.  I named it my daily sales report but you can name it whatever you like.  

I attached a screen shot just for others in case someone missed it.

2021-04-20.png

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

How do you set a custom report to be the homepage?  I guess that would solve it.  Seems silly though because the Custom Report you generated is basically the Sales Summary plus those two things (avg sale and total sales).  If they add those two pieces into the sales summary, you no longer need to generate a custom report...

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

I bookmark the URL when I am on the page..when you aren't logged in it will ask you to log in first and you are there.  I love old school tech.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 4 of 4