x
Beta Member

Hourly Sales Report?

I would love to be able to display sales data by hours or at least export.  Today you can only choose Summary/Daily/Weekly/Monthly.  There is no way for me to get a good summary of what my sales are per hour.  Square has the data store somewhere because it is how you draw the hourly charts on the Sales Summary and Sales Trends pages.  

I use the average Sales by hour to inform my scheduling.  If the average sales at noon on Saturday is above a certain dollar amount, then I know I need to add another staff person.  I can't do it based off of just 1 day's sample size, I need an average of the last few weeks to have a sense of where the busiest hours are.  It would be fine to download several weeks worth into excel and be able to do the averaging myself, but honestly, this would be just as easy for Square to display.  As it is, I have to click on every single dot in the current chart to just see what the sales number is.  

Does anyone know how to do this easily (without having to export all transactions, because that is a processing nightmare for me I do 1200 transactions/day at one location)?  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

@lenjobakes this seems like something that you would either know how to do already or have a pretty sweet workaround. 

Jess
Hair Designer | Certified Trichologist

Visit My Website - JP Style & Solutions
Check out the magic on Instagram - @JESS.POYNTER
Make an impact on Facebook - @JPSTYLESOLUTIONS
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

Ok I did some digging and I figured out how!! 

Dashboard -> Reports -> Item Sales

Then in the toolbar, you can break it down almost as much as you want 

JessPoynter_0-1669058429844.png

Jess
Hair Designer | Certified Trichologist

Visit My Website - JP Style & Solutions
Check out the magic on Instagram - @JESS.POYNTER
Make an impact on Facebook - @JPSTYLESOLUTIONS
Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

Wow, that did it and I even got half hour reports!  Thanks! (Actually available on all reports including sale summary)

Message 4 of 4