x

How do I cancel an active Marketing campaign?

How do I cancel an active marketing campaign?

Message 1 of 50
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

You're able to cancel any automated marketing campaigns and blast campaigns with a coupon at any time. However, Updates, Event Invitations, and Product Announcement blasts can't be cancelled. 

@RBBS You will need to sign into your Square Dashboard. Then head to the Marketing tab where you sent the campaign from. There is no tab specifically for campaigns, I'm not sure where you got that option. 🤔

Once you're on the marketing page click on the name of your campaign like the image below: 

Then you will be taken to a new screen that will allow you to cancel the campaign. You can see the cancel option in the top right. Take a look at the image below: 

If you still need help please let me know! 

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Is this going to be changed as you can see it causes a lot of confusion - i also have a mistake in an announcement - i just need to change the button address,,,,and i cannot do it...please upgrade this feature - thanks!

Message 22 of 50
Square Community Moderator

@Kbiondi Thanks for posting and welcome to the Seller Community! We are still tracking feature requests for this at the moment, but I will bubble up your feedback regarding how important this experience is for you. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 23 of 50

Thank you - if they cannot add a cancel button then when you are creating the campaign it should give you a pop up that it cannot be cancel - therefore you could choose another product, just to avoid building something on the wrong platform - thanks.

Message 24 of 50

You keep reposting the same response to this issue. I have a campaign type that you mention has the ability to be canceled yet the buttons do not appear. You should be able to cancel a campaign created for giftcard promotion once the campaign is done.

Message 25 of 50

I sent what I thought was a blast campaign, but it is still designated "active." What does that mean and why can I not get to a place where I can stop it from resending? 

George

Kevin Schoonmaker
Message 26 of 50

Hi @PRC! An Active campaign is one that is actively running.

There currently isn’t a way to edit an active campaign once it has been sent. This includes changing campaign details or disabling reminder emails.

In the meantime, you can cancel any automated marketing campaigns and blast campaigns with a coupon at any time. Update, Newsletter, Event Invitation, and Product Announcement blast campaigns can’t be cancelled.

Follow these steps to cancel a campaign:

1. Visit Marketing in your online Square Dashboard
  2. Select the Active campaign you’d like to cancel > click View > Cancel.
  3. Select whether you’d like to still honor unredeemed coupons or cancel and invalidate them.
  4. Click Cancel Campaign.
AshleyK
Message 27 of 50

I don't seem to have the same version as the one you posted with a screen shot. I can click on the active campaign, but the top buttons to cancel are not there. I have looked everywhere and clicked on everything but I can't find a cancel campaign button anywhere. Can you help me?Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 7.51.59 PM.png

Message 28 of 50

mine says the email campaign is completed, but it is a trial that I want to cancel before Jan 12th. I do not see a "cancel" anywhere. any help you can give will be appreciated...

ronnie & margaret woodard
Message 29 of 50

Hi @K2MW - Thanks for stopping by The Seller Community 😊

Great Question.

When using a free trial of one of our subscriptions, they will automatically cancel unless you click the "subscribe" button on the right of the "pricing and subscriptions "page. 

Another way to ensure that you won't be charged is to make sure that there is "No Payment Method Configured" on the payment method.

I hope this helps. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Message 30 of 50

You're awesome!  I thought that cancel meant cancel the page I was on!!!!  Thanks so much!!!!!  I've been paying for this campaign for nearly a year because I couldnt figure out (or find the time to research) how to cancel it!!!!!!

Message 31 of 50

I am also having an issue.  There is no "cancel" button on the campain I'd like to cancel?!?!?  Only "duplicate" and "view".  This is a campaign I set up for 2 reasons.  to advertise a special offer (which is now no longer available) and to announce an update which is over at the end of September.  I'd like to cancel it!

Message 32 of 50
Alumni

Hm, the only reason the Cancel button wouldn't appear is if the Campaign has already been canceled before (see screenshot). If your campaign still reads as "Status: Active" reach out to our Support team directly and they can make sure everything is checking out on our end.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 33 of 50

my campaign is not cancelled it's active and there is no cancel button Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 2.27.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-29 at 2.27.53 PM.png

Message 34 of 50
Admin

Thanks for jumping in, @VanKalkerFarms, and I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've been encountering, @imagineplay.

I went to check on this and it looks like you were able to get in touch with a team member and clear this up. If you have any other questions or concerns about this, please let us know. We'll be happy to have another look.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 35 of 50

I have the same issue AND I have an issue of not being able to change the links in the footer. Been on going since I got this account! So frustrating

Message 36 of 50
Alumni

Hi @MasynMoyer - Have you sent our CS team an email or given us a call? One of our team should be able to help you get this sorted out!

Message 37 of 50

I am a bit confused on the delivery of this campaign, I did not want it to go to all contacts in my email, it would not allow me to select separate contacts, it automatically sent, which makes me cringe! and also another face book link popped up which I did not want to use, which is private other than to my busuiness. So therefore I would like to cancel this please, thank you.

Message 38 of 50
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Email blast for my business”

@Pattie64 I've moved your post here, check out Puka's best answer about how to cancel an active marketing campaign. Keep in mind you cannot cancel Updates, Event Invitations, and Product Announcement blast campaigns at this time. If you've already canceled the campaign this Support Center article has a great step by step instructions for how to send a campaign to a group or select customers

Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy to help! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 39 of 50

I'm also having this problem! There is no cancel button and it's sending my emails like several times. If this is not fixed I'll have to move to mail chimp. 

Message 40 of 50
Super Seller

I'm not sure about the cancel button problem, but the resending of the emails might be related to the Reminder Emails setting. This is something that can be toggled off before sending the email but can't be changed after the email has gone out.

From https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5346-get-started-with-square-marketing

Reminder Emails

When creating a blast campaign with Square Marketing, the option to send a reminder email to recipients who haven’t opened your message is enabled by default. If you don’t wish to send reminder emails, this setting can be turned from the Review & Send step of the campaign creation process.

Reminder emails are sent 5 days after the original delivery date. Campaigns with coupons or discounts are also resent to those who haven’t opened your message 7 days before the coupon is set to expire. By default, a coupon expires 2 months after the campaign is sent, unless you’ve set it to expire on a different date.

Note: Reminder emails can’t be disabled once the campaign has been sent.

When you create a campaign, you can also set an expiration date to prevent needing to cancel a campaign. I know that doesn't help now, but it might help in the future.

Message 41 of 50

The title of this thread has been updated from "campaign"

How to cancel my campaiign.. I am being charged around $40 to $50 per month.. As I do not see any results, I would like to find out where I can cancel my campaign / Advertising

Message 42 of 50