x

How do I delete/deactivate my Online Store but still use Square?

I want to deactivate my online store but still keep using square to run charges on my phone. How do I do this?

Message 1 of 82
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @dmorkna and the rest of the thread!

I've got an update for you regarding deleting/deactivating Square Online sites/stores if you currently have more than one. You should be able to delete the unwanted additional site by following these steps:

delete site gif.gif

If you do not have more than one site with us, you would still use @JustinC's instructions, and go to Website > General Settings > Unpublish  to take the site offline. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 18 of 82
81 REPLIES 81
Alumni

If you never published, then it shouldn't be accessible to the public. There's no way to actually delete your store. 

The POS app won't be affected. Just keep using the app as normal. 

@Jeweline

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 22 of 82

So, I was in the process of setting up my store.  I realized 1/2 way through that it isn't what I want.  How do I  delete the whole thing?

Message 23 of 82
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @LewinPhot1 👋Thanks for reaching out!

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding deleting their Online Store. Take a look at this Best Answer from Isabelle - she will walk you through the necessary steps.

Let us know if anything else comes up!

Joe
Message 24 of 82

I have done what you recommend but I cannot find an Unpublish button.

Message 25 of 82

Welcome back to the Community, @Hanko -

Go to your Dashboard > Online > Website > Site Preferences > Scroll down to Unpublish. 

Try that path to unpublish your site. If this still isn't working for you, then I would recommend reaching out to our direct CS E-Comm team directly

Kassi
Message 26 of 82

How about if you only have one that you don't want?

Message 27 of 82
Alumni

Hi there @polliniacontent!

It looks like you responded to @Isabelle__'s Best Answer here - the video she included in her answer shows how you would go about deleting one singular site that you no longer want to use. Please let us know if this is not what you are asking, or if you need written steps rather than a video - happy to provide you with those if that's what you are needing!

If you only have one site, you would go to Website > General Settings > Unpublish to take the site offline. 

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Message 28 of 82

will this also stop the monthly billing?

Message 29 of 82
Beta Member

How do I ensure I won't pay the website/hosting fee (is it with weebly? cant remember) .

Is unpublishing enough or do we need to do something more?

Message 30 of 82

Great question, @Daspraki, if you have an active hosting plan or domain, you would need to also turn off the automatic renewal for those services. You can do this in your Online dashboard by clicking the business name in the top corner, and choosing "Account Settings". Once there, just switch to the tab called "My Services" and turn off the subscription. 

This will ensure you are no longer charged for that!

Ellie
Message 31 of 82
Beta Member

If i delete a shop/store that i started out with, will it effect my square debit card or, my second shop/store?

Message 32 of 82

YES!! Ever since they switched nothing but issues! I have 2 stores supposedly and says 1 is unpublished but its not. MOST CONFUSING THING EVER!! I spent hours setting up in first place but ready to be done. Plus they are NO help!!!! Its a constant run around!!! Nothing transferred how it should of been from my original store and now its all half ass!!!

Message 33 of 82

Why is it that my dashboard has 3 different options when I am trying to access my online store? We have a few people who update our site, so it can be very confusing when someone is unsure of what "online store" to select and update. How can I delete the other two that are not relevant, as well as find out which one is our active store?

I attached a photo below of what we see when trying to access our online store. 

Capture.JPG

Message 34 of 82

Capture.JPG

Message 35 of 82

I have been trying to build a beautiful website with the online store weebly function. Dear heavens, it is dreadful. It offers many solutions to having the bells and whistles but dang this thing is ugly!  I have built beautiful websites but it just isn’t going to happen at weebly. Too few design options. How do I contact square to cancel and get my money back!

thank you, Cheryl

Message 36 of 82
Alumni

Hey @SimplyCherly. Sorry to hear Square's Online Store doesn't fit your biz needs. There's not a way to cancel your store but you can take it offline. I merged you to a thread to see the steps. 

As for billing and refunds, contact our CS Team for more assistance. 

Justin
Message 37 of 82

I’m having the exact same problem .  Zero contact from Weebly  or Square after multiple emails - but they keep charging me 

Message 38 of 82

Hey @JustH,

I did a quick Google search and found this Weebly article on managing your subscriptions and billing if you have the paid tier version with them. 

It can also be done from the Square Dashboard under > Online Store Account Settings > My Services then click on the Cancel link for services. 

Ashley C
Message 39 of 82

This information does not work. I deleted my CC from this but now I'm trying to get a refund. Hopefully the card won't process.

Message 40 of 82

ASHC,

Thank you very much.  I somehow logged into my square and the next thing I knew I had a website and I did not want it.  I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to delete it.  I came across your message to JustH and thought I would try it.  It worked!!  Thank you so much.  I hope other's that need or want to delete website see your answer.  

I am very glad It is deleted and off my square as well.

J

Message 41 of 82

It's beyond that. You can get a list of items in a collection but can't edit them from there, which is beyond absurd. You have to switch over to your product list, which for me is thousands of items I I sell/have sold over 5 years. Then what, a word search for each **bleep** item? That's the ONLY way to find anything. I don't remember the names of the 50 pieces of pottery & plants I want to sell! They act like you have 100 products & you want to sell all of them online. It's so basic & I get so ridiculously angry trying to deal with it. The need is simple: You should be able to view your collection, click on an item, & edit. Voila. It's not hard. I get almost offended that they act like implementing these things is difficult & we are supposed to be like, "Oh. It's so hard! Okay. I'll put up with a crappy system," because it's not.

There are so many more issues.

Message 42 of 82