x

How do I let customers add a note to an item, or add a note to their Square Online order itself?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: New Square Online Store: How do I add a note to each online order product?

I need my customers to be able to add a name to each product ordered through the online store. 

I own a soda shop, and want them to be able to order ahead, but be able to add a name to each drink they order.  possible?

Message 1 of 136
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @MixtapeBushwick-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community!

Within the Square Online Store, in Shared Settings > Checkout > Checkout Experience, click on the Edit customer inputs button. From there, check the option to Allow customer to leave a note to seller:

Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 9.33.20 AM.png

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions about this. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 36 of 136
135 REPLIES 135
Square Community Moderator

Hey @stardust94,

I moved your post to an existing thread for this question.

Check out @Helen's Best Answer above for details on how you can make a required note field to add this information. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 127 of 136

We have been accepting membership payments via Square, but would like to have a required free-form field to enter information like name and home address, which helps us cross-reference the payments to our membership roster. Is this possible?

Message 128 of 136

Hey @GAC,

I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over this.

Check out @Helen's Best Answer above!

Ashley C
Message 129 of 136

Is a way, to describe inside of Items details more additional information?

For example description of some specific features of the object and additional picture inside of the description text.

Message 130 of 136

Hi @DNCAlex 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Good to hear from you again.

Great question! I am assuming that you are referring to adding more details for items within your Square Online Store, correct?

If so, you may be looking for custom text modifiers! I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for this information. Take a look at this Best Answer, if will walk you through everything you need for setup. 

Joe
Message 131 of 136

Hello

Can you help me to set up a new files in the checkout section ? I use the square and it is linked to my Weebly  website page 

Thank you 

Message 132 of 136

Hi @Peb 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to hear from you.

I believe you are looking for our free Text-Modifier option for Square Online. I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding this info - take a look at this Best Answer and thread from Helen for more information. She will walk you through the process.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Joe
Message 133 of 136

I have customized customer profile settings to include the fields I need the customers to enter at the moment of booking, but it does not appear when they customer books. I need them to be able to type in their pick up and drop off locations. I do not need them to enter a shipping address. How do I change this?

Message 134 of 136

Heya @topsdelivery and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to one of the existing threads that answers about custom fields.

There's not a way to customize the checkout page itself, but you can add these modifiers in and make them a required field for your customers to enter the location.

Ashley C
Message 135 of 136

Voucher Cabin is committed to providing the best possible service to its customers and assisting them in saving money through offers and voucher codes.

Message 136 of 136