x

I want to remove the Log In tab from my website.

I'm trying to remove the Log In tab from my website. I've gone to Setting>Checkout>Advanced and unchecked the box that says something like, "Allow customers to create personal accounts," but the Log In tab is still there.

The website is https://www.sourceaudio.net/

In past threads it looks like somebody on the Square or Weebly staff had to go in and manually remove the Log In option.

Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 153
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @TheLuckyJackson and @Gold 👋 

This is a glitch that happens to some sites built with the original Weebly editor. There's two places to check for the setting:

1. From the main dashboard, click Settings > Checkout > Customer Inputs, and toggle off or uncheck the Customer Accounts option. You do not need to republish the website for the live page to update. 
  2. From within the Site Editor, click Settings > Members, and make sure the option Show "Log in" in site menu is unchecked. You will need to republish for the live site to update. 

Your link was coming from the second option, and I have already removed it for you. Please make sure to publish the site again when you have the chance. 

Hope this helps clear up any confusion. Please let me know if you have any additional questions! 

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 153
152 REPLIES 152

HI, hopefully this Square Support page will help.  Scroll down to Enable or Disable Customer Accounts.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/7802-customer-accounts-for-square-online

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 2 of 153

Thanks, Terri! Yeah, I've followed the instructions on that page and I'm still seeing the LOG IN option in my navigation (See the images below). Maybe I'm missing something?

Website_Problem1.jpgWebsite_Problem2.jpg

Message 3 of 153
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @TheLuckyJackson and @Gold 👋 

This is a glitch that happens to some sites built with the original Weebly editor. There's two places to check for the setting:

1. From the main dashboard, click Settings > Checkout > Customer Inputs, and toggle off or uncheck the Customer Accounts option. You do not need to republish the website for the live page to update. 
  2. From within the Site Editor, click Settings > Members, and make sure the option Show "Log in" in site menu is unchecked. You will need to republish for the live site to update. 

Your link was coming from the second option, and I have already removed it for you. Please make sure to publish the site again when you have the chance. 

Hope this helps clear up any confusion. Please let me know if you have any additional questions! 

Message 4 of 153

Could someone please help me remove the login tab on the right side of my navigation? I do not have a "Members" selection under the "Settings". We have no need for the "login" button and fear it may confuse customers. 

Message 5 of 153

swimfun.us

Message 6 of 153
Square

I think I just answered a post regarding this, but the login has been removed. Smiley Happy 

Message 7 of 153

Thank you, I am new to Weebly. I wasn't sure if "replying" was as effective as starting a new topic

Message 8 of 153
Square

No worries, @mamurphy489. Feel free to post again if you have other questions.

Message 9 of 153

Hello. I would like to have my login removed from my website too. my email is [removed personal information]. thx

Message 10 of 153
Square

Hi @LF8 It looks like the email for the main account (that you are logged into) is actually a Hotmail address. Just wanted to give you FYI that the email you provided here is for a contributor account. 

I removed the link for you, but in the future you can disable from your end by clicking Store>Settings>Checkout>Advanced Settings and unchecking the "customer acccoutns" option. 

Message 11 of 153

Hi Adam,

New site, new profile (NH Shriners) - please remove the login tab from the site please:

nhshriners.org

Thanks, Martin (mkoechel@gmail.com)

Message 12 of 153
Square

Not a problem, @NH-Shriners - that should be gone from your site now.

Message 13 of 153

Hello!

I am having the same problem.  I am can't remove the login tab due to not being able to enable SSL. I am being prompted with, "Error encountered creating certificate."  May I please request help for the domain www.texasmesquitebbqandgrill.com

Thank you!

Message 14 of 153
Square

Sorry for the troubles, @TMBG It looks like the SSL is working now. I was able to remove the login for you. Smiley Happy 

Message 15 of 153

Thank you so much!!

Message 16 of 153

Could you please remove my login tab as well?  www.thebalancedance.com

Message 17 of 153
Square

Not a problem, @Joulia. I've removed that from your site for you.

Message 18 of 153

I have been desperately trying for 2 weeks to remove my login button from my navigation bar with no replies to my original post, so I figured I would try replying on this one since it seems to be active. I would love to know how to do it on my own, but when I follow previous instructions that I have seen, I don't have the "edit" option under checkout *shrug* 

abbeycreekvineyard.com 

Thanks in advance! 

Message 19 of 153

Unfortunately, that's all I know how to do. I am using a Business Account. The settings are different, for different types of accounts (I think). With a business account, you're right, it is as simple as clicking "settings", "checkout", scroll all the way down to Advanced Settings, click "edit", and un-check the box next to: Customer Accounts are Enabled. Then save. If you're on, say, an e-commerce site format account, maybe try switching to a business account if it is an ongoing issue for you? 

How to Switch to a Business Account:

Start on the white Overview page. Select "Edit Website" in the top right corner, then "Settings" on the top bar of your site editor, then under "General", you will see a "Site Category" drop down. Select "business" and save. You should now be able to uncheck the Customer Accounts Enabled box. Hopefully that works for you! 

Message 20 of 153

Thank you so much for your reply, mamurphy489

We are set up as a business account so I am so so lost hahaha I am hoping a moderator will come through and maybe teach me something or frankly, just remove it. I have been poking around but I am getting to a point where I am scared I will do something to break my work's website hahaha 

But seriously, thank you for taking the time to reply... this has been such a rough couple of weeks of me yelling at my laptop saying "BUT IT'S STILL THERE!!!" hahahaha 

Stay safe out there! 

Message 21 of 153