x

I want to remove the Log In tab from my website.

I'm trying to remove the Log In tab from my website. I've gone to Setting>Checkout>Advanced and unchecked the box that says something like, "Allow customers to create personal accounts," but the Log In tab is still there.

The website is https://www.sourceaudio.net/

In past threads it looks like somebody on the Square or Weebly staff had to go in and manually remove the Log In option.

Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 153
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @TheLuckyJackson and @Gold 👋 

This is a glitch that happens to some sites built with the original Weebly editor. There's two places to check for the setting:

1. From the main dashboard, click Settings > Checkout > Customer Inputs, and toggle off or uncheck the Customer Accounts option. You do not need to republish the website for the live page to update. 
  2. From within the Site Editor, click Settings > Members, and make sure the option Show "Log in" in site menu is unchecked. You will need to republish for the live site to update. 

Your link was coming from the second option, and I have already removed it for you. Please make sure to publish the site again when you have the chance. 

Hope this helps clear up any confusion. Please let me know if you have any additional questions! 

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 153
152 REPLIES 152
Square

Thanks for posting, @janineishappy. I've turned off the login tab on the first site, though I didn't see it enabled on your second site.

Message 43 of 153

Please help us remove the login tab and items from www.greenlifestyles.org menu. We tried to do it on our own but can't. 

Message 44 of 153
Square

Not a problem, @GreenLifestyles. I've made a change on our end so that shouldn't show now.

Message 45 of 153

Hi, Can you please remove the login tab from my most recent website please? (The one that starts with "Spooktacular")

Message 46 of 153
Square

Hi @mrsbranditaylor I see several sites in your account. Which one do you see the login tab for? You should be able to remove the option by clicking on Settings>Checkout>Advanced Settings and unchecking the "customer accounts" option. 

Message 47 of 153

Hi can you please remove my "log in" tab from my website www.vettaborne.com 

Thanks,

Message 48 of 153

Hi i dont have the memebers tab on my setting and i am wanting the log in tab removed

Message 49 of 153
Square

Hi @marshal_mark I see a couple sites in your account. Which one do you need assistance with? Thanks!

Message 50 of 153

Can you remove from mine as well please? www.saezconsultants.com
Thanks!
Message 51 of 153
Square

Hi @Yessica. The steps to remove the login link have changed slightly. You will see the option under Settings>Checkout>Advanced Settings. You will need to scroll down to the bottom of the page to uncheck the Custom Accounts option. Your site SSL must be active before you are able to uncheck the option, though. To enable SSL, log into the editor and click the Settings tab. You will see the option if you scroll about midway down the screen. Smiley Happy

Message 52 of 153

Can you please do the same for me https://lovedon.es

My settings page does not have a membership submenu, so I'm not sure how else to remove it.

Thanks

Message 53 of 153

Can you remove it from mine as well? www.saezconsultants.com
Thanks!!
Message 54 of 153

Hi! I tried doing the steps but I do not have the members tab on the left. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help,

Lisa 

@N46Admin wrote:

Hello,

If you go to www.weebly.com, sign in, and press the "Edit Website" function on the top right, it should load you into a page similar to this one (http://prntscr.com/m44kme). After that click the "Settings" 1st on the top, "Members" 2nd on the left sidebar, then uncheck "Show "Log In" in site menu" and publish your website.

Let me know if you have any questions pal

Message 55 of 153

Hi, 

If a moderator could please remove the login tab from my store that would be awesome. It's the main store that the account is associated with or sewmanyblessings

www.sewmanyblessings.com.au

Thanks very much! 

Message 56 of 153
Square

I just replied to your other post, @Sewmanyblessins - you should be good to go now!

Message 57 of 153

Help me now! haha I have the same problem. Login showing on publish page but not members tab under settings. 

Message 58 of 153
Square

Thanks for posting, @BiancaSpin! I've fixed this for your site, too. Smiley Happy

Message 59 of 153

I have the same problem.  But I'm not certain that I might not want to activate the login at some later stage.  Does your fix leave me that option?  (I don't see the Members menu-entry under Settings.)

Cheers,

Bob Arnold

Message 60 of 153
Square

It does, Bob - if you want to use it later you can still turn it on. Smiley Happy

Message 61 of 153

Same issue here - no members menu. Tried a different theme no luck...

Can this "Login" menu be removed from: https://www.northeast-shriners.org/#/

Aside - when I publish now, I get this odd "...org/#/" now. Not sure why  it's there. Thanks! Martin

Message 62 of 153
Square

I've removed that for you, @mkoechel. That # sign is there because it's part of how the feature I just turned off works, so that should also no longer be shown.

Message 63 of 153