x

How do I manage fluid stock?

I run a bar.  I have set up each draught product I sell to show stock in pints and half pints.  

If a barrel containing 87 pints is delivered to us, how do I imput the stock between the two quantities onto our system so that the system knows to deduct one pint when sold and one half pint when sold?

Do I simply spread those 87 pints across the two quantity types, e.g add 43 pints and 44 half pints (therefore totalling the 87 pints) into the system, and then keep an eye on the figures to ensure neither shows as out of stock, or is there a better way to manage this?

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @Lucy7, thanks for posting and joining the Seller Community! 

For this set up it sounds like you may be interested in looking at using Square for Retail. 

With Square for Retail Plus you can sell an item in different units, and track inventory with those units - for example, sell candles by a case of 12, by a bundle of 6, or by a single candle.

This can work for wine or beer etc looking to sell by the case, bottle, pint or glass. 

When tracking stock for an item, the stock column in the Variations table will display the quantity of that item available in each unit. 

I'll leave the details here for you to take a look at, it might be worth subscribing to the free trial of Retail Plus and testing the feature out to see if it will work for your set-up. You can cancel at any time.

I hope this helps!

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content