x

How do I remove Square Stand (adhesive)?

Trying to remove our square stand from our bar top and we can't get it.

Any tips or tricks?  We used the adhesive mounting method as we thought it would be easier to move when the time came...

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 92
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey, 

To remove the adhesive base, you may consider using a "black stick" like this to pry it off: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TOFFNQ.

Once you get one side started, you should be able to push the stick in and pop the plate off the counter.

Alternatively, you might try using a paint chisel, however, we recommend you cover the chisel in thick paper to prevent scratching the surface.

If you need a replacement adhesive plate, please let me know.

I hope this helps out, but please let me know. 

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 92
91 REPLIES 91

Hi Howard,

The black stick link is no longer working. Can you please re-send a correct link? We need to get the adhesive off a stone counter. Also, we are find that our necks hurt from staring down at the the screen and we plan to raise the whole stand up closer to eye level for ergonomic health. Any suggestions on a platform/base for such purpose?

Message 22 of 92
Square

@HeyDabba - Sorry about the link, try this one. As for a platform suggestion, we don't have any official recommendations. Heckler Design has a number of accessories, but I'm not certain if any would work in your case - but it may be worth checking out! Hope this helps. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 23 of 92

Howard, where can I get a new adhesive stand for my Square mount? We are placing it on a new POS stand and need to remove it from the old one.

Thanks,

Dave

Message 24 of 92
Square

Hi @splitsandgiggle, our Support team can get you a replacement adhesive, contact them directly to confirm your details. Thanks!

Message 25 of 92

Hello Howard, could you send me a replacement adhesive mount? Thanks.

Message 26 of 92
Square

@AirPlay - Please reach out directly with your request. We'll want to confirm your shipping address first over email. 🙂 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 27 of 92

I need an adhesive mount please

Message 28 of 92

Don't ask someone in the community, me, send your request to directly to Square Customer Service. They sent my replacement adhesive immediately.

Message 29 of 92

We used a chefs torch to warm it up and remove it. We also need a replacement!

[Personal information redacted] 

Message 30 of 92

Hey @IndabaCoffe, please reach out to our Support Team directly if you need a new adhesive mount. 

I have removed your address from this post. We ask that you do not post your personal information on public posts. Please review our Seller Community Etiquette Guidelines.

Message 31 of 92

We need a new adhesive pad, how do we go about that?

Message 32 of 92
Square Community Moderator

@PeakPlace Sorry for the late reply here. 

It looks like you were able to contact our Support Team and have them ship you out an additional mounting kit. 

Reach out anytime you need one and they'll get you taken care of. 

Message 33 of 92

I need 2 new adhesive mounts!!...Please contact me. [redacted personal information]

Message 34 of 92
Admin

Sorry to keep you waiting @jmeyers278!

It looks like you've already been in touch with our Support Team about this.  

As this is a public forum, try to avoid including your email address (or your phone number!) in your posts. 

Let us know if you have additional questions, happy to help! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 35 of 92

Is there a way to remove the stand from the adhesive?  we have two square stands that we need to swap.  i was hoping i could just remove the stand from the adhesive base and leaving the adhesive base in place to make a quick swap.

Message 36 of 92
Square Community Moderator

@mandythart I haven't seen this done personally, but it should be possible to remove the Square Stand from the adhesive. 

However, I'm not sure the adhesive would stick to the new Square Stand that you swap in. If you try this, let us know your results. 

Message 37 of 92

Where can I get a new adhesive pad for my square stand?  [Personal Information Redacted]

Message 38 of 92
Alumni

@Shearlychic - If you contact Support, they can help you get a new adhesive pad. We've also had Sellers suggest 3M's spray cans of adhesive.

Message 39 of 92
Beta Member

Hi, we would like to get a replacement adhesive for our Square stand. Where can we get this?

Message 40 of 92
Admin

Hello @CCLAKRISTINE If you haven't already please contact our Support team to request an adhesive kit. We'll need to confirm your shipping address and then we can send you a new one!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 41 of 92

I need one

Message 42 of 92