x

How do I remove Square Stand (adhesive)?

Trying to remove our square stand from our bar top and we can't get it.

Any tips or tricks?  We used the adhesive mounting method as we thought it would be easier to move when the time came...

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 92
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey, 

To remove the adhesive base, you may consider using a "black stick" like this to pry it off: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TOFFNQ.

Once you get one side started, you should be able to push the stick in and pop the plate off the counter.

Alternatively, you might try using a paint chisel, however, we recommend you cover the chisel in thick paper to prevent scratching the surface.

If you need a replacement adhesive plate, please let me know.

I hope this helps out, but please let me know. 

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 92
91 REPLIES 91
Admin

@HATEA Thanks for your post! I've just asked our CS team to email you toc confirm your shipping address. When we know we have an uptodate shipping address for you we can send you a replacement adhesive kit! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 43 of 92

thank you so much

Message 44 of 92

Can you send me a replacement adhesive plate?

Rocketman

[personal information redacted]

Thx

Message 45 of 92
Alumni

Hey @rocketmanshop - You can reach out to our CS team and they'll be able to help you obtain a replacement adhesive plate.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 46 of 92

thx it has been orderd and will arrive Friday . great service thx

Message 47 of 92

We were gifted a Square stand but the mount couldnt be removed from the glass counter. How to i purchase another? 

Message 48 of 92
Admin

Welcome to the seller community, @ZUHMI — that's a great gift! 🙌

To get the appropriate replacement mount, please get in touch with our Customer Success team. They will be able to assist with sending out the proper kit.

For step-by-steps on getting securing your Stand, have a look at our Support Center: Mount and Secure Your Square Stand.

Hope this helps get you in the right direction. Please let me know if anything else comes up. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 49 of 92

I think it was customer support that told me I needed to check with the hardware division that I haven’t located. 

Message 50 of 92
Admin

Sorry for the run-around, @ZUHMI. I'll surface your post with a team member right away and ask them to help get you set up with a new adhesive mount ASAP. Please keep an eye on the email inbox that's tied to your Square account more info.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 51 of 92

Seriously I tried everything! That black stick broke right away. Tried to heat up the adeshive with a blowdryer and than put some scaper under it but it didnt worked either! I aldready messed up and scratched my glass countertop with it but the adeshive mount is still on it! Dont know what else to try! This adeshive is very strong!

Message 52 of 92
Admin

Hey @MaVo85, I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble you encountered with removing your Stand.😕 I went to check on this and it looks like you were able to get things resolved with our Customer Success team by the time we got to your post here. If any other sellers have experience with removing a Stand from a glass counter top, please feel free to chime in with any other methods that worked well.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 53 of 92

@MaVo85 What was the solution that Support gave you? We have had no success in removing our stand that is adhered to the countertop. That black stick is worthless!

Message 54 of 92

The square support couldnt help me either! I actually went to the store and got a very thin pitty knife and I was able to go under the adhesive & remove it. Took me a little bit tho but I got it off! 

The black stick is a joke!!!

Message 55 of 92

That stick was some sort of plastic and didn't even come close to getting it off. I need this circle off my counter and nothing will get it off without tearing up the countertop. 

Message 56 of 92

I am in need of a new adhesive plate. Can you please send me one?

Message 57 of 92
Admin

@DrLorieC I've just escalated your request for a new adhesive mount to the Customer Success team. They will email you as soon as they can with the next steps! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 58 of 92

@Howard I will need a new adhesive plate. Please advise

scott

Message 59 of 92
Admin

Hello @HMBScott! I've just asked our CS team to email you so they can confirm your shipping address so we can send you a replacement adhesive mount. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 60 of 92

Hey I need a replacement adhesive mount plate

also I can’t find the bit for the security pin. Where can I find it to take out the iPad

Message 61 of 92
Admin

Hey @Sachdevajee! A member of our CS team is going to email you to confirm your shipping address so we can send you a replacment adhesive mount.

And head over to this post for information about the security screw driver to remove the iPad!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 62 of 92

Good day. May I get a replacement adhesive? And how do I remove the metal plate??

Message 63 of 92