x

How do I see a list of who signed up for my event?

I am trying to talk my boss into switching to square for her online store. But when she posts events, she wants to be able to a list of who has signed up for an event.  I have yet to see an option for that.  Outside exporting the ENTIRE list of orders and then using a spreadsheet to organize it.  But I am certain my boss will not want to do that, especially once there are hundreds of orders to sort through.  Has anyone figured out a better way?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @BStucky 👋 Thanks for reaching out here and posting your question on the Seller Community! Good to see you making another post. We are happy to help.

Is this event something that you are selling tickets for? This is definitely doable as long as you've set your Event up as it's own separate 'item.' If you create your event as an item, and then customers purchase tickets to that event, you can then filter your reports by the item to see how many purchases you've collected as well as who purchased the item.

More on detailed item reporting here.

Feel free to shoot me a reply if you have any clarifying questions. We are here to help!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

Hi Joe, 

Same question here: we do have separate Event/ Items for each event, and can look at the "Item Sales" report for each. However, we cannot see who purchased the item, how to filter or drill down to see the list of customers who purchased the event tickets, or even where that option might be available with an upgrade. 

Not sure if the reporting we need (view item detail listing who purchased it) is part of a different subscription, we currently have Square For Retail (free) & Team Plus, and Square Online (free).

Can you please explain further? Perhaps include a screenshot? 

Thanks in advance 🙂 

Message 3 of 7

Hi @lizswestore Welcome to the Community 😊

I looked in my account, and I couldn't find a super efficient way to produce a list of names, but it is definitely possible. 

From the Square dashboard, click on Orders, then filter by type - Digital. This should give you an overview of the orders including the customer name. If you also need the email address, you will need to click on each order. 

I'll keep asking around to see if there's a better way to do this, but so far this appears to be the best option. 

Message 4 of 7

Thanks for your help! 

I know how to navigate the different filters etc for the item details and even your suggestion does not allow for listing customers by item. The only area I DONT have access to is the advance reporting for the online store (different than the reporting for the main Square account.

Do you have the "Advanced" reporting for the online store? That is the only place I can think of that MIGHT have a solution to this issue. 

Thanks

Message 5 of 7

I'm checking in with the team to see if we can get some more details on what information is included in the advanced reporting for the online store orders. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back! 😊

Message 6 of 7

The event item is a great feature of square but comes up a bit short.  There is no feature to e mail customers about event. There is no easy detail report.  There is no way to download a list of customers. The fees here are normal fees vs Eventbrite which is 10%. Anyone who has mastered the event feature, please help us. 

Message 7 of 7