x
Beta Member

How do we disable CashApp from our website?

Could someone direct me to the settings to disable CashApp from my site? I hadn't noticed it until today as I'm updating my items for the holidays, and I HATE it. I feel like it cheapens our site and our brand. I don't want the ugly dollar sign logo and an option to make payments on a $35 purchase - that's terrible and honestly feels irresponsible!  

BuzzMO_0-1634186143675.png

Help!

Message 1 of 37
5 Best Answers
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @BuzzMO, if you go into Square Online > Settings > Checkout - there is an option to disable CashApp.

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 37
Beta Member

Best Answer

Unfortunately, I don't have Square Online as an option, and none of these get me to those settings 😞   (Also, my settings on Square POS/Register only show me Hardware and Favorites, not checkout). I used to see this options, but since we subscribed to Square for Retail back in May, that's all we see:

BuzzMO_0-1634221170466.png

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 37

Best Answer

I had not yet initiated contact with support. Was not optimistic after others had no assistance for weeks. Though the option to not accept Cash App has appeared and is now turned it off, the banner is still there. Ideally, you provide Square sellers the option to disable it without having to reach out to a developer.

View Best Answer >

Message 22 of 37
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Thank you again for your feedback, @beanfosters 

I just want to make sure I understand, but you are referring to the Buy Now Pay Later option that shows up on the item page? You do still need this removed? I can see about escalating this, but agree it would be helpful to have control over whether or not you wish to display the option (like with Google or Apple Pay). 

View Best Answer >

Message 27 of 37

Best Answer

I am having this very same issue, yet no one from any customer service department wants to say they know how to remove it.

View Best Answer >

Message 37 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Best Answer

I had not yet initiated contact with support. Was not optimistic after others had no assistance for weeks. Though the option to not accept Cash App has appeared and is now turned it off, the banner is still there. Ideally, you provide Square sellers the option to disable it without having to reach out to a developer.

Message 22 of 37
Beta Member

We did have to call in as I could not get a response to my ticket/email, but we ... threw a bit of a fit.... and it was fixed in about 48 hours. I agree, this is pretty nutso. 

Message 23 of 37

Can you let me know the number to call? I have disabled, never asked for it to be on there, cannot get anyone to help me and I am so angry. 

I appreciate it

Sandy Albers

Artisan Boards Of Omaha

Sandy Albers
Message 24 of 37

Hello @SandyArtisan,

Good to see you posting in the Seller Community again, welcome! 

Sorry that we are chatting under these frustrating circumstances, but I wanted to provide you the number. It's 1-855-700-6000.

Please let me know how else I can help😊

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 25 of 37

Thank you!

Sandy Albers
Message 26 of 37

Best Answer

Thank you again for your feedback, @beanfosters 

I just want to make sure I understand, but you are referring to the Buy Now Pay Later option that shows up on the item page? You do still need this removed? I can see about escalating this, but agree it would be helpful to have control over whether or not you wish to display the option (like with Google or Apple Pay). 

Message 27 of 37

Correct. Cash App has been disabled from Setting > Checkout, but the "Pay in 4 interest-free installments" banner still appears on items, and we would like it removed.
2021-11-12.png

Message 28 of 37

Just checking in, @beanfosters

I escalated this for you, and you should see the option removed from the screen soon. Please let me know if not. Thanks! 

Message 29 of 37

Hi Bernadette i have heard feedback. This pop up looks like a cheap add on plugin that people have no desire to see. One customer thought her browser was hacked and CashApp is not widely known as a pay method yet you put this atop my item as tho its the most important thing to see.. even before the decription. your using my customers to push your products. Support should be contacting Me to tell me its been removed. I do pay for my subscription you realize.

Message 30 of 37

Thank you for the feedback @HAD. This is helpful, and we'll be forwarding it over to the teams.

I'll also see if I can get a request escalated for you to have the team remove the option. 

Message 31 of 37

Thanks alot Bernadette appreciate it as i really dont have time during my business hours to sit on the phone with support. appreciate all the follow up thank you.

Message 32 of 37

You're welcome, @HAD

I escalated this to the team for you. Please let me know if you do not see the option removed within the next day or two. ❤️

Message 33 of 37

Where are Cashapp payments sent? I've had a customer use the Cashapp option but I do not see the money?

Message 34 of 37

Mine is disabled but yet it's still on my site - anyone have this happen? Help!

Message 35 of 37

Hi @Tlynn - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Due to the public nature of The Seller Community we are unable to access specific account details through The Community. For assistance with your account, Feel free to send send a message using this contact form. Our support team will be happy to assist in resolving the matter on your account. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 36 of 37

Best Answer

I am having this very same issue, yet no one from any customer service department wants to say they know how to remove it.

Message 37 of 37